Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Slow Cooker Cioppino was dinner last night...without the slow cooker. I made it in a
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #28377 at 10:49 pm on Jan 13, 2016
5.5 quart Dutch oven and simmered the broth for almost two hours before adding the seafood. It was redder looking than the picture and quite tomato-y tasting. I did use the Pomi tomatoes. I added an extra 1/2 cup water, but I think it would have benefitted from a cup of clam juice and would make it again with that addition instead of extra water. I used 3/4 lb of scallops as that's how I had them packed, and 3/4 lb each of shrimp and cod. Served with a Caesar Salad and crusty bread.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28377. Rec: Slow Cooker Cioppino was dinner last night...without the slow cooker. I made it in a [LINK] - Curious1 - 10:49pm on 01/13/16 (4)
- Love cioppino and yes to a seafood broth addition--clam or seafood or homemade - Charley - 11:57am on 01/14/16
- Also realize the Pomi tomatoes were very thick. Next time will use tomatoes in juice, plus it took - Curious1 - 8:03pm on 01/14/16
- I think I'd like a good diced tomato and maybe have to add some more tomato paste. I'd like - Charley - 12:35pm on 01/15/16
- That's a very special dinner for a weeknight! I have made Cioppino for the last few years - barb_b - 11:47pm on 01/15/16