Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: from Jane.... Wickwoods inn Spicy Sausage Strata
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #28801 at 3:37 pm on Jun 20, 2016
My friend Jane made served this on Sunday am. She had done most of the prep work ahead of time, then a quick pull together on Sunday morning. It was really flavorful and now on my list of do ahead, overnight brunch recipes!
Her fun story is that she rec'd the recipe from the wickwood's inn owned by Julee Rosso. They had a fun visit there many years ago; and the chef shared the recipe. As you will note, from the way the recipe is spelled out, it was the chef talking, and my friend taking down her notes!
Not only was the strata delicious, but made me smile hearing about their story at the inn!
6 slices white bread, crusts removed, but saved
3 egg whites
1 TBSPN dry mustard
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt + 1/2 cup cottage cheese blended by hand till smooth
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb hot sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 cup chopped scallions
4 1/2 oz brie rind on, roughly chopped
1/2 TBSPN chopped sage
1/2 cup Parm
dash of Tabasco
Butter 9x13 pan, spread crusts over bottom of pan. Arrange bread on top. Combine eggs with heavy cream, blend well. Pour mix over bread and refrigerate overnight.
In morning, heat oven 350' sprinkle sausage, sage, over casserole and dot with Brie. Sprinkle with pepper, tabasco, and scallions. Sprinkle Parm,
350 - 45 min.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28801. Rec: from Jane.... Wickwoods inn Spicy Sausage Strata [LINK] - barb_b - 3:37pm on 06/20/16 (7)
- oh, that IS the lady from Silver Palate! That inn looks amazing. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:05pm on 06/20/16
- When I was a kid, we used to summer near there. The beaches are gorgeous! [NT] - Traca - 8:47pm on 06/20/16
- Yep - the west side of Mi is beautiful - went hiking there a couple weeks back [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:20pm on 06/20/16
- Heading to Saugatuck sometime next month :-) - colleenmomof2 - 11:10am on 06/24/16
- We vacationed north in Pentwater( fabulous) and south at Warren Dunes or Bridgeman. Love [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:01am on 06/25/16
- And many Fraternity dances in Holland when Win Schuler's was still around. [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:02am on 06/25/16
- Ha! My dad met my mom at big dance in the area. He's from Fruitport. She's from Muskegon and - Traca - 3:43pm on 06/26/16