Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Posted to Thread #3214 at 10:07 am on Aug 28, 2006
CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE
Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups plus 2 Tablespoons sifted unbleached flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups banana puree (about 5 large very ripe bananas)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 F.
2. Liberally butter an 8-cup bundt pan and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder. Tap out excess.
3. Sift next 5 ingredients (flour through salt) into a small bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, cream butter. Add brown sugar and coffee powder, beat until light and fluffy. Scrap down bowl.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat two minutes. Scrap down bowl.
6. Mix in dry ingredients alternately with banana puree, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake until cake is firm to touch in the center about 70 minutes.
9. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto rack and cool completely.
10. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
NOTE: I love this recipe for using up very ripe bananas. Since I donít like my bananas past slightly green, I put the ripe ones in the freezer peel and all. When I use them for this recipe all I do is remove, thaw them and squeeze them into the bowl. They are already pureed.
Other messages in this thread:
- 3214. I just bought a new bundt pan, any great recipes out there for the baking impaired? Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:55pm on 08/23/06 (15)
- Cook's Illustrated's "Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake" in T&T [NT] - Meryl - 2:03pm on 08/23/06
- REC: The Fruitcake Hater's Fruitcake [LINK] - Mimi - 2:09pm on 08/23/06
- John Thorne's Chocolate cake in T&T [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 3:25pm on 08/23/06
- GayR's Blueberry poundcake. Check out other cake recipes up in T&T [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 3:34pm on 08/23/06
- Dawn, Another absolute favorite - Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake - GayR - 5:50pm on 08/23/06
- Gay, would this work with about 1 cup of raspberry preserves? >>> - ErininPrague - 12:52pm on 08/24/06
- Erin, I'm sorry to say I don't know if the raspberry perserves would work. What about trying ... [NT] - GayR - 2:34pm on 08/24/06
- I was saying, what about trying frozen raspberries. [NT] - GayR - 2:35pm on 08/24/06
- I bet if you gently stir in the preserves, like marbling, and cut the sugar to 3/4 cups - AngAk - 3:01pm on 08/24/06
- Ok, thanks to you both for the tips! :-) I'll give it a try, soon. [NT] - ErininPrague - 12:54am on 08/25/06
- Maple Walnut Pound Cake with Maple Glaze- this is really good. Just make - CynUpstateNY - 5:58pm on 08/23/06
- Dawn, This is not T&T yet - Recipe "Chipotle Apple Pecan Cake," sounds like a great fall recipe - GayR - 6:27pm on 08/23/06
- Dawn, Just went to check this out on BH&G's website and the recipe.. - GayR - 6:36pm on 08/23/06
- CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE - AGM_Cape_Cod - 10:07am on 08/28/06