Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Family Circle (Cover Recipe) - Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #3268 at 5:43 pm on Aug 28, 2006
Lemon Blueberry Bundt
Makes: 16 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake at 350 Degrees F. for 50 minutes
2-3/4 cups all-purpose fllour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1-3/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1-1/4 cups blueberries, tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
6 to 7 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon corn syrup
Lemon zest to garnish, optional
Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In another large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 Degrees F. for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake and let it roll down the sides.
Recipe Source: Family Circle Magazine
This is excellent!!!!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 3268. Family Circle (Cover Recipe) - Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake - GayR - 5:43pm on 08/28/06 (7)
- Thank you Gay, and my new bundt pan thanks you! I love lemon anything. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:13am on 08/29/06
- Dawn, Here is another (not T&T yet) - Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake - GayR - 4:10am on 08/29/06
- Recipe: Lemony Bundt Cake - This sounds Amazing!!! - GayR - 4:50am on 08/29/06
- I notice there is no sweetening of any kind in the lemon syrup...?! - cheezz - 5:11am on 08/29/06
- Cheez - I guess I was posting to late - recipe is edited. [NT] - GayR - 12:22pm on 08/29/06
- Thank you for picking up the error. [NT] - GayR - 12:24pm on 08/29/06
- this looks lovely. Maybe the baking sheet is for when you glaze the cake? [NT] - AngAk - 5:55pm on 08/29/06