Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29248 at 12:24 am on Dec 5, 2016
Makes 1 quart.
Juice and grated rind of 12 tangerines.
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp each of: coriander, cloves, and cinnamon
3 cups cheap cognac
1 cup cheap vodka
Combine the tangerine product with the sugar and spices in a saucepan, bring to just under a simmer, or until the sugar is dissolved. DO NOT BOIL!
Pour the mixture into a heatproof jar, let cool to room temp, and add the cognac and vodka.
Let sit for 1 month. Preferably in a cool basement in the dark.
Strain. Let sit in bottles in dark place. If you have more sediment, and don't like that, strain again through damp layers of cheesecloth.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29248. Some new recipes... [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 12:12am on 12/05/16 (5)
- Edame Dip - Richard in Cincy - 12:17am on 12/05/16
- On my list for next thanksgiving or when I do the potstickers platter. Thx! [NT] - barb_b - 3:51pm on 12/08/16
- Tangerine Brandy - Richard in Cincy - 12:24am on 12/05/16
- This might make winter nights tolerable... Worth a try! [NT] - ErininNY - 2:13am on 12/11/16
- Richard's 2016 Christmas Martini - Richard in Cincy - 12:26am on 12/05/16