Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I guess that's right. Obviously didn't read it through. In which case I'll just say that
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30894 at 1:07 pm on May 15, 2019
it isn't a galette in my mind,
But this quote shows that what I have associated with "galette" isn't at all.
So much to learn!!
Galettes and Crepes are what English speakers call pancakes. The difference being that Galettes are USUALLY savory and made with buckwheat flour. Think, cheese and fried eggs with mushrooms on top of galettes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30894. So what--to your mind--is a galette? I've always thought of it as a pie without a pie plate [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:17am on 05/15/19 (12)
- If you are not sure about the chipotle, leave it out. - judy-mass - 9:40am on 05/15/19
- I think this is just an attempt to make a galette (a flour crust) into a paleo or low carb dish. - Charley - 9:45am on 05/15/19
- Corn meal makes it pretty much out as paleo and certainly low carb-they are cauliflower hush puppies [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:21am on 05/15/19
- And "Galette" makes it sound so fancy. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 11:59am on 05/15/19
- I guess that's right. Obviously didn't read it through. In which case I'll just say that - Charley - 1:07pm on 05/15/19
- Seems more like an Indian pakora to me. And, to me, a galette is a very rustic pastry wrapped around - Marg CDN2 - 11:04pm on 05/15/19
- Sounds like fritters to me! Please let us know how it turned out! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:27am on 05/16/19
- Exactly what I thought - fritters! [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 7:52am on 05/19/19
- FRC--Crostata or Galette or Tart? I found this article after Goggling==> [LINK] - wigs - 12:03pm on 05/16/19
- That's what I thought. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:37pm on 05/17/19
- yep [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 2:04pm on 05/18/19
- Mine was definitely a fritter. It was a fun idea but I think it needs lots of added - Marg CDN2 - 7:49pm on 06/01/19