Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A sauce I use regularly. Thinking about the cauliflower steaks, I had this on hand
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30929 at 5:56 pm on Jun 12, 2019
from the previous night when I used it as a chicken dipping sauce. I brushed it on the cauliflower near the end of baking and to secure the bread crumb mixture. Delicious!
I also use it for pork, cold fried chicken pieces, cooked white bean spread and other bits I can't think of at the moment. ....last night I took down a bowl for a friend who was asking for advice on making pork schnitzel.
finely diced garlic
white wine vinegar (I always make tarragon vinegar)
chopped fresh tarragon
So now I'm thinking that rather than just use it as a sauce for pork schnitzel, it might be worth a try to spread it on the pork before the bread crumbs.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30929. A sauce I use regularly. Thinking about the cauliflower steaks, I had this on hand - Marg CDN2 - 5:56pm on 06/12/19 (7)
- That sounds really good and before the breadcrumbs. Yes! [NT] - AngAk1 - 10:59pm on 06/14/19
- Marg, tell me more about the bread crumbed cauliflower steaks... - Pat-NoCal - 11:46pm on 06/15/19
- I did them entirely in the oven. Cut 1" thick. Brushed all over with oil, salt & pepper. - Marg CDN2 - 2:17am on 06/16/19
- Thank you, Marg, I will give your bread crumb treatment a [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:41pm on 06/16/19
- thank you for sourcing that. My husband always told me to write down my 'recipes' when creating them [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 8:33pm on 06/16/19
- He was a smart man -- good that you followed his advice. :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:04pm on 06/16/19
- and that you found it. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 10:27pm on 06/22/19