Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Dawn, CC highly recommends frozen wild, but they also go on to say it is because
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #31652 at 6:55 pm on Aug 1, 2020
of year-round availability. I've found frozen tend to make less mess than fresh.
Segueing to a completely different recipe but still completely tied to blueberries: "Huckleberry" recipe book recommends spreading the blueberries on rolled-out brioche dough rather than try to them INTO the dough. Then dough is rolled up and baked with a spiral of blueberries. Looks FABULOUS (see link).
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 31652. It's a blueberry toss-up! Which muffin recipe do I follow: Mackinac Island (by James Beard) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:16pm on 08/01/20 (15)
- Cook's Country Blueberry Muffins (based on Mackinac Island version) - MarilynFL - 2:31pm on 08/01/20
- Mar, do you have to use frozen blueberries? I have an abundance - Dawn_MO - 3:13pm on 08/01/20
- Dawn, CC highly recommends frozen wild, but they also go on to say it is because [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:55pm on 08/01/20
- Wild blueberries are also smaller and particularly in a mini-muffin wouldn't take - Charley - 11:07am on 08/02/20
- I am a fan of the Jordan Marsh Blueberry muffins. [NT] [LINK] - judy-mass - 5:22pm on 08/01/20
- Marilyn, I would go with the Mackinac Island Recipe.....thank for the post as you [LINK] - GayR - 5:24pm on 08/01/20
- I'd use the Jordan Marsh recipe recommended. And when making blueberry - Charley - 6:32pm on 08/01/20
- Judy & Charley, I've made the Jordan Marsh recipe before. I must still be looking for *something* - MarilynFL - 6:49pm on 08/01/20
- Marilyn, This recipe reads Delicious .... have a look [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:02pm on 08/01/20
- Just to be a pain in the rear, I’m going to say this version of the Jordan Marsh [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:04pm on 08/01/20
- I've got 3 pints of Maine blueberries coming on Tuesday. - judy-mass - 8:58pm on 08/01/20
- Thanks everyone. Two neighbors informed me they are doing Keto so they don't want muffins. I'll - MarilynFL - 10:54am on 08/02/20
- Judy, did you see at the link there is also a tv interview with the original JMbaker? He shares tips [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:10am on 08/03/20
- I've switched my allegiance to the CI version. Sweeter and much better. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:14pm on 08/02/20