Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh! I just read the marzipan recipe and it uses ROSE WATER! That's probably why I hate it. I can't
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #31724 at 12:20 pm on Sep 16, 2020
abide floral accents (bergamot tea, for example). It took me a long time before I used herbs de Provence because of the lavender. I think the jar I have now has dried up sufficiently so that I don't smell it.
(I probably shouldn't have admitted in public that my spices are old.)
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 31724. Southern Living Pumpkin Spice Battenberg Cake .. looks so good [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:04pm on 09/13/20 (9)
- Here's an uncropped photo showing the layers. I've never *iced* a cake with marzipan. Isn't [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:27pm on 09/15/20
- Yes, and I much prefer Almond Paste however, cannot use it for icing.....an alternative could be [LINK] - GayR - 8:43pm on 09/15/20
- I could do the fondant. I make the marshmallow kind and its edible. This stolen link has a recipe [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:10pm on 09/16/20
- Oh! I just read the marzipan recipe and it uses ROSE WATER! That's probably why I hate it. I can't - MarilynFL - 12:20pm on 09/16/20
- Marilyn, Did you see the Cherry Marzipan Streusel Cake.....going [LINK] - GayR - 12:48pm on 09/16/20
- well I did now--looks like a winner. Gay, the cherries she's using are like bing = sweet. How - MarilynFL - 12:13pm on 09/17/20
- I know the cherries when they are available again will try with them.....the cranberry filling I am [LINK] - GayR - 1:11pm on 09/17/20
- oh, I see. I thought you were just going to put in fresh naked cranberries. Let us know how this - MarilynFL - 2:09pm on 09/17/20
- Yes, it will be a while before I try it....but, will post results when I do.... [NT] - GayR - 3:28pm on 09/17/20