Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #3535 at 4:48 pm on Sep 14, 2006
Just in case you don't have the recipe, I'm posting it. I've been making this version nearly all my life. Have used tbe buttermilk recipe but I prefer the one with sour cream. There is a White Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake, also, which I will post next. Wonderful cakes!
This cake disappears FAST!
Texas Sheet Cake is made with sour cream and cocoa and a frosting with chopped pecans.
1 cup butter
1 cup water
1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 box (1 pound) confectioners' sugar, sifted (4 1/4 cups sifted)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cake: Combine butter, water, and cocoa in saucepan over medium heat; heat until butter melts. Add sugar, flour, salt, eggs, soda, sour cream, and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Spread frosting over hot cake and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
For frosting, combine butter, cocoa, and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients and mix well with electric mixer. Spread over the hot sheet cake then sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 3535. ISO good cake recipe for a 9x13 pan...(more) - starburst - 1:33pm on 09/14/06 (24)
- Rec. Here's an easy Lemon Sheet Cake - Marsha tbay - 2:57pm on 09/14/06
- I can't wait to try this one; we really love lemon!! [NT] - RoseM - 4:15am on 09/15/06
- Rec. Earthquake Cake...another easy - Marsha tbay - 4:15pm on 09/14/06
- I don't think there is a better cake on the planet than the Texas sheet cake. - pkline - 4:32pm on 09/14/06
- Rec: Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake - GayleMO - 4:48pm on 09/14/06
- sounds good.. .is this a moist cake? - starburst - 6:03pm on 09/14/06
- Oh, yes, and so rich. - pkline - 9:14pm on 09/14/06
- PS forgot to mention this is easily make mocha.... - GayleMO - 3:39pm on 09/15/06
- White Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake - GayleMO - 4:51pm on 09/14/06
- PS - A 9x13" pan works fine for both these. [NT] - GayleMO - 4:52pm on 09/14/06
- Rec: Hot Milk Cake and Fresh Fruit Cake - rhoward2va - 7:20pm on 09/14/06
- The hot milk cake looks really yummy and different. Thanks. [NT] - AngAk - 9:04pm on 09/14/06
- It's a family heirloom recipe - rhoward2va - 9:46pm on 09/14/06
- Ooh! I've never had the white chocolate version. Is it as good as the original? [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 2:17pm on 09/15/06
- It's good, for white cake, but how can it beat chocolate????? - GayleMO - 3:35pm on 09/15/06
- REC: Tres Leches Cake [LINK] - Debbie_in_GA - 4:58pm on 09/14/06
- REC: Black Magic Cake.. - Meryl - 8:19pm on 09/14/06
- BTW, if you decide to go for a layer cake instead of 9x13, I have a great one for Devil's Food Cake - Meryl - 8:31pm on 09/14/06
- Chop Suey Cake - AngAk - 8:55pm on 09/14/06
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake - AngAk - 8:56pm on 09/14/06
- Up in T&T Stupidly Simple are 2 good and easy cakes - AngAk - 8:59pm on 09/14/06
- Ooh, definately this one too. I think I've had it, called Velvet Cake? Thanks. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:52pm on 09/29/06
- Coca Cola Cake by rvb [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 9:43pm on 09/14/06
- how's a gal supposed to avoid carb city with all of these tempting recipes?! willpower=0. [NT] - wildwoods - 1:17pm on 09/15/06