Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Baked Apple Oatmeal
Joined: Sep 11, 2006
Posted to Thread #3607 at 6:58 pm on Sep 19, 2006
BAKED APPLE OATMEAL
1 1/4 cups old-fashioned or quick oats (not instant)
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 cups milk
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cooking apples, cored, peeled and diced (1 1/2 cups) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix together oats, raisins, milk, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Let stand 10 minutes. Coat a 2-quart casserole with a spray of canola oil. Stir apples into oat mixture and pour into casserole. Bake covered 30-35 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with additional milk.
Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of: Carolyn Hardimon, Belleville News Democrat)
"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
-- W.C. Fields
Other messages in this thread:
- 3607. REC: Baked Apple Oatmeal - SusanLP - 6:58pm on 09/19/06 (8)
- Yum, thanks Susan [NT] - AngAk - 7:03pm on 09/19/06
- Sounds perfect for our fast approaching fall mornings! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 7:57pm on 09/19/06
- This sounds so good. My fall mornings won't be here until January so>>> - orchid - 9:33pm on 09/19/06
- Where are you orchid? I want to move there now!!! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 9:35pm on 09/19/06
- South Florida...my house will be for sale soon and comes with a beautiful>>> - orchid - 10:03pm on 09/19/06
- Sounds yummy. Have you ever done this in a crockpot? [NT] - MiainMD - 11:48pm on 09/19/06
- No, I wonder if it would get too "gummy?" [NT] - SusanLP - 1:12pm on 09/20/06
- a million years ago, at summer camp, the guides made something like this in a campfire pot>> - michelle - 11:39am on 09/21/06