Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Randi

REC: Herbed Cottage Cheese Bread T&T hereya go Eva, this is an easy recipe

Veteran Member
2489 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #3770 at 1:39 pm on Oct 1, 2006

to make and is really good. I'll post some more as I get the time to type them out. enjoy!

Herbed Cottage Cheese Bread

1 cup cottage cheese, heated to lukewarm
2 Tbls sugar
1 1/2 Tbls unsalated buter
1 Tbls instant minced onion
1 tspcelery seed
1 tsp dill seed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg

1 envleope dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 to3/4 cups all-purpose flour

soft butter and coarse salt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
combine first 9 ingredients inlarge bowl of electric mixure. dissolve yeast in water and add to bowl and beat at medium speed 30 seconds. with mixer running add flour and beat until dough is stiff and well blended. cover and let rise in warm, draft free area until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.

vigorously stir dough down and turn into well greased 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole. (I used loaf pans) cover and let rise again until light, about 40 minutes.

preheat oven to 350 F Bake until bread is golden brown, about 40 - 50 minutes. brush top with butter and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. serve warm.

Variateion: use different herbs, such as Italian and substitute ricotta for the cotage cheese. sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesean insstead of salt.

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." -Franklin P. Jones

Other messages in this thread: