Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Herbed Cottage Cheese Bread T&T hereya go Eva, this is an easy recipe
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #3770 at 1:39 pm on Oct 1, 2006
to make and is really good. I'll post some more as I get the time to type them out. enjoy!
Herbed Cottage Cheese Bread
1 cup cottage cheese, heated to lukewarm
2 Tbls sugar
1 1/2 Tbls unsalated buter
1 Tbls instant minced onion
1 tspcelery seed
1 tsp dill seed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 envleope dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 to3/4 cups all-purpose flour
soft butter and coarse salt
combine first 9 ingredients inlarge bowl of electric mixure. dissolve yeast in water and add to bowl and beat at medium speed 30 seconds. with mixer running add flour and beat until dough is stiff and well blended. cover and let rise in warm, draft free area until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
vigorously stir dough down and turn into well greased 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole. (I used loaf pans) cover and let rise again until light, about 40 minutes.
preheat oven to 350 F Bake until bread is golden brown, about 40 - 50 minutes. brush top with butter and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. serve warm.
Variateion: use different herbs, such as Italian and substitute ricotta for the cotage cheese. sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesean insstead of salt.
"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." -Franklin P. Jones
Other messages in this thread:
- 3770. Bread bakers - please give me your opinion >>> - EvaN - 4:03am on 09/30/06 (12)
- Why not? Perhaps you could start with a recipe for potato bread, and sub pea purree for potatoes. [NT] - Joe - 9:46am on 09/30/06
- Thanks Joe, that is a great idea! [NT] - EvaN - 1:12pm on 09/30/06
- hi Eva, give me a day or two to check my recipes (gotta find them first). I'm sure I - Randi - 2:10pm on 09/30/06
- Randi, I would really love that ! Your crusty, Italian bread is already a family favourite!! :-) [NT] - EvaN - 6:47pm on 09/30/06
- the Italian bread is a good recipe, glad you're still enjoying it. :-) [NT] - Randi - 1:40pm on 10/01/06
- I have an old 'whole food ' cookbook that advises just that. . . - mistral - 7:22pm on 10/01/06
- REC: Herbed Cottage Cheese Bread T&T hereya go Eva, this is an easy recipe - Randi - 1:39pm on 10/01/06
- Randi, this is downright scary!!! >>> - EvaN - 2:00pm on 10/01/06
- just breath slowly... in and out... it will be alright '-))) - Randi - 2:42pm on 10/01/06
- REC: Walnut Hearth Bread T&T Eva, this one is a gem! - Randi - 2:39pm on 10/01/06
- Thanks, Randi! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:25pm on 10/03/06
- REC: Rye Salt Flutes T&T Eva, this has cottage cheese too. - Randi - 2:58pm on 10/01/06