Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #3797 at 8:20 pm on Oct 2, 2006
This comes from Kayln's Kitchen, a food blog that specializes in South Beach food recipes. It's a very informative site, in general and the recipes provide for strict South Beach diets as well as non South Beach. I have posted this sited under Diet WOEs.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
1 bunch broccoli, about 1 1/2 pounds, cut into bite sized flowerets
3 T extra virgin olive oil
6-8 cloves fresh garlic
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 F. Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces, and peel and slice stems if large. Slice garlic cloves, and cut slices in half. Toss broccoli with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, then spread on a baking sheet. Roast until broccoli is bright green and edges are starting to brown slightly, 20-30 minutes. Serve hot.
Note, my oven seems to run hot, so I roasted this at 400f and it was done in about 15 mins. I halved the recipe, but still used 6 garlic cloves and put in red pepper as well. This was really yummy!
Other messages in this thread:
- 3797. Rec: Roasted Broccoli with Garlic [LINK] - Lin_in_Seattle - 8:20pm on 10/02/06 (6)
- This looks really good- I will try it, Lin. Thank you for posting [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:30pm on 10/02/06
- Sounds good, Lin. (not as good as chocolate, though) :) I think the - Meryl - 10:01pm on 10/02/06
- I agree, Meryl. I think 400F for about 15-18 mins is right.. Hope you both enjoy it! [NT] - Lin_in_Seattle - 12:09am on 10/03/06
- That looks really, really good, love roasted veggies, but remember this one?... - Nan - 1:20am on 10/03/06
- How would it be chilled as a snack or side to a sandwich? The recipe sounds very good. [NT] - Lin_in_Seattle - 5:17am on 10/03/06
- Sez at the bottom it may be served cold, I've never had any left long enough to chill! I.... - Nan - 1:08pm on 10/03/06