Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Marg CDN

And croquettes on Gail's in 2002. (so glad I can access that now)

Veteran Member
3964 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #3912 at 3:33 pm on Oct 11, 2006

marg/cdn: REC: Creamy turkey croquettes
Posted: Dec 26, 2002 4:43 PM

My husband has been requesting and enjoying this for 25 years, after every turkey roast. 3 T. butter 1/2 c. chopped mushrooms 5 T. flour 1 c. milk 1/2 t. salt 1/2 t. curry powder (I double it) 1 c. finely chopped cooked turkey 1 T. chopped parsley 1 egg fine bread crumbs for coating oil for frying Melt butter in pan over low, add mushrroms, saute for 5 minutes. Gradually blen in flour. Add mil slowly sitrring to prevent lumps. Add seasoning, cooka dn stir until thick. Add turkey and parsley. Spread on a plate or sheet of waxed paper and chill thoroughly (more than a usual croquette mixture as this one is not as firm and needs extra chilling). Divide in to 8 and shape each into a ball, roll in crumbs, dip in egg beaten with 2 T. cold water. Coat thorougly with egg. Roll once more in crumbs. Let dry 1/2 hour or more. If preparing in advance, place in frig and remove to room temp 1/2 hour beofre cooking. Fry at 365 about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in oven. You may want to sprinkly in 1/2 t. Knorr powdered chicken bouillon if you want to heighten the flavour. The important thing is to have a good quality curry that you like.

Other messages in this thread: