Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Coconut Beef Curry in Crockpot
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #454 at 4:17 pm on Jan 15, 2006
I failed to note where I got this recipe, but it surely is nice to come home to something hot and tasty these nights.
Coconut Beef Curry
Brown 2 lbs. stewing beef (1/4" strips) with 1 Tb. oil in a pan.
Add and cook just until fragrant:
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs. paprika
2 Tbs. cumin
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbs. red curry paste
Put in a crockpot with:
4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 lb. bag of small baby carrots
2 Tbs. tomato paste
1 14 oz. can of coconut milk
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. salt
(May add salt and pepper to taste near the end of cooking)
Stir it all. Cover and cook on LOW 8 - 10 hours or HIGH 4 - 6 hours until the veggies are tender and the stew is bubbling.
Sprinkle with cilantro.
I find it ready at 7 hrs on LOW, if the beef was browned first. Enjoy!
Other messages in this thread:
- 454. REC: Coconut Beef Curry in Crockpot - Anna_X - 4:17pm on 01/15/06 (8)
- I am always on the hunt for crockpot recipes! Thanks for posting. NT [NT] - MiainMD - 6:49pm on 01/15/06
- You're very welcome. What's one of your favorites? NT [NT] - Anna_X - 8:44pm on 01/15/06
- Hi Anna, I wonder how this would work with chicken... - DawnNYS - 12:33pm on 01/16/06
- I borrowed a cookbook from the library "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook" by - ValinFL - 6:32pm on 01/16/06
- Tks for this recipe, I am going to make this for a party NT [NT] - carroll-astana - 11:43pm on 01/15/06