Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Rec: Dad's Buttermilk Waffles. Rich, but very good.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #468 at 1:49 pm on Jan 17, 2006
Our favorite waffle recipe. We've tweaked it over the years to suit our taste.
We like them with sliced bananas, sliced fresh strawberries (in season, tossed with a bit of sugar), whipped cream and milk chocolate chips. Wow!
Dad's Buttermilk Waffles
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
Sift together dry ingredients.
Stir vanilla into buttermilk.
Add buttermilk, eggs and the melted butter to the dry ingredients.
Mix well, until no lumps remain. The batter will be thick.
Ladle into pre-heated waffle iron.
Makes 6 to 8 8" round waffles. Great in Belgian waffle makers too.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 468. ISO favorite ways to use up buttermilk. NT [NT] - MiainMD - 2:58am on 01/17/06 (22)
- REC: Nebraska Bran Muffins - Debbie_in_GA - 3:23am on 01/17/06
- I have a lot of great recipes that call for buttermilk, although I usually use a sub. Here are some - Meryl - 6:09am on 01/17/06
- Rec: Dad's Buttermilk Waffles. Rich, but very good. - Michael in Phoenix - 1:49pm on 01/17/06
- We're making these tomorrow morning. Will let you know how they are! - MiainMD - 4:01am on 01/19/06
- EPI's Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken is pretty tasty, not real crunchy, but uses buttermilk [LINK] - ValinFL - 3:45pm on 01/17/06
- Lol Val, like minds! [NT] - Curious1 - 3:53pm on 01/17/06
- REc: Desk Set Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts... - Curious1 - 3:49pm on 01/17/06
- Thanks for the yummy recipes -- I bought chicken today! NT [NT] - MiainMD - 5:30pm on 01/17/06
- I will often make... - AndreainDC - 12:27am on 01/18/06
- What a brilliant idea to freeze leftover buttermilk ... - MiainMD - 1:21am on 01/18/06
- you will need to shake it up after you defrost it... - AndreainDC - 1:35am on 01/18/06
- MIA: did you know you can buy powdered buttermilk? - Luisa_Calif - 2:42am on 01/18/06
- I have seen it... - AndreainDC - 3:59am on 01/18/06
- I have seen it, too, but never bought it! Now that I know (over the internet) - MiainMD - 1:07am on 01/19/06
- Rec: Chocolate Cake Using Buttermilk - DawnNYS - 6:35pm on 01/18/06
- I don't like buying buttermilk so I usually substitute this combo - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:42pm on 01/18/06
- I do the same thing with white vinegar. [NT] - Meryl - 8:01pm on 01/18/06
- Meryl, do you use the same ratio as Cathy? 1 T to 1 cup milk? NT [NT] - MiainMD - 1:13am on 01/19/06
- Mia, I place 1 Tbsp white vinegar in a measuring cup, then add - Meryl - 1:34am on 01/19/06
- Thank you! NT [NT] - MiainMD - 2:14am on 01/19/06
- That's smart, because I always have lemon juice, vinegar and plain milk on hand. - MiainMD - 1:14am on 01/19/06
- Another one. Rec: Cottage Cheese Pancakes (lowfat) - DawnNYS - 10:22pm on 01/18/06