Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
OK, if Rick can do it then so can I! I'm gonna give you guys another chance>>>
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #4352 at 7:44 pm on Nov 6, 2006
with this recipe. I posted it quite some time ago and didn't get any takers or feed back and ya really need to try it. It's good.
COLA-BRAISED PORK STEW
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, excess fat trimmed, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
2 cups cola (do not use diet cola)
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Heat oil in large pot over high heat. Add half of pork; sauté until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer pork to bowl. Repeat with remaining pork. Return pork to pot. Turn off heat and pour cola slowly into pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Add garlic, soy sauce, ginger, and half of green onions. Cover and simmer until pork is tender, about 50 minutes longer. Uncover and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season stew with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Serve the pork over steamed white rice.
Makes 4 servings.
My Notes: I don't simmer for the 10 minutes at the end to thicken. I thicken with a slurry.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4352. OK, if Rick can do it then so can I! I'm gonna give you guys another chance>>> - orchid - 7:44pm on 11/06/06 (6)
- sounds good, orchid. james beard used cola as a marinade. have you ever... - rvb - 9:53pm on 11/06/06
- No, it honestly doesn't need anything. It isn't a stew, it is very Asian in flavor>>> - orchid - 10:22pm on 11/06/06
- it does sound like it'd be good over rice with maybe some greens on the side. i'll try it! [NT] - wildwoods - 2:01am on 11/07/06
- 8o) Thank you wildwoods. Just a nice salad is what I do. Let me know if you like it. [NT] - orchid - 8:06pm on 11/07/06
- dh nixed it as it 'sounds wierd'...should've just made it - i will someday! [NT] - wildwoods - 8:11pm on 11/10/06
- Oh, to bad. It doesn't taste like coke and the meat is soooo tender! [NT] - orchid - 9:33pm on 11/10/06