Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can I post this cranberry cocktail here? It's not a sauce but one could get sauced drinking it.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #4534 at 8:24 pm on Nov 16, 2006
Cosmopolitan Champagne Cocktail
We thought we would update the popular Cosmopolitan by substituting Champagne for the usual lemon vodka. We garnished the drinks with skewers of sugar-coated fresh cranberries (thawed frozen ones will work
just fine, too).
Active time: 15 min. Start to finish: 2 1/4 hr.
1 1/4 cups Cointreau or Grand Marnier
1 1/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
4 cups chilled Champagne or other sparkling
wine (Pat's note: 1 bottle = about 3 cups)
Stir together Cointreau, juices, and sugar and chill, covered, 2 to 6 hours. Just before serving, divide among 10 Champagne flutes and top off with Champagne.
Makes 10 drinks.
Gourmet, December 1999
Patís note: Served this libation at Thanksgiving 2004 and it was quite a hit. I made the Cointreau mixture in a large pitcher then just before serving poured the champagne in to mix "punch style". Made it really easy to pour into glasses. I served in small martini glasses, very festive color. Lemme tell ya how easy these go down. ;o)
After reading the reviews at Epi I cut the sugar back to 2 tbsp. Some thought the full 3 tbsp would be fine, some liked as it was. And some were so busy pouring another glass that they simply didn't care. :o)
Link: Cosmopolitan Champagne Cocktail
Other messages in this thread:
- 4534. Since this is our first Thanksgiving at FK Recipe Forum, how about a cranberry sauce thread. - Debbie_in_GA - 3:15pm on 11/16/06 (15)
- REC: Debbie's Cranberry Relish - Debbie_in_GA - 3:18pm on 11/16/06
- REC: Cranberry Sauce with Pears and Cardamom [LINK] - Debbie_in_GA - 3:23pm on 11/16/06
- REC: Triple-Cranberry Sauce... - charlie - 3:34pm on 11/16/06
- REC: Gingered Cranberry & Kumquat Relish... - charlie - 3:38pm on 11/16/06
- Rec: Richard's Cranberry Relish - Richard in Cincy - 3:49pm on 11/16/06
- Love the directions, Richard [NT] - AngAk - 9:47pm on 11/16/06
- REC: Brandied Cranberries. This makes a lot... - Marianne - 4:31pm on 11/16/06
- Rec: Cranberries Stewed in Liqueur - Curious1 - 6:49pm on 11/16/06
- Rec: Marc's Canberry Sauce - Sylvia - 8:15pm on 11/16/06
- Can I post this cranberry cocktail here? It's not a sauce but one could get sauced drinking it. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:24pm on 11/16/06
- Yum. I like Scarlet O'Haras too: cranberry juice, lime and Southern Comfort. [NT] - AngAk - 9:49pm on 11/16/06
- I usually just throw a bag of berries in a pot and pour grade B maple syrup over them - Randi - 9:02pm on 11/16/06
- Rec: Mike's Special Holiday Cranberry Recipe [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 10:16pm on 11/16/06
- Easy and fit t'eat! REC: Meyer Lemon Marmalade Cranberry Sauce - Steve2 in LA - 1:13am on 11/17/06
- Chocolate covered cranberries - pfitz - 8:38pm on 11/20/06