Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Pat-NoCal

Can I post this cranberry cocktail here? It's not a sauce but one could get sauced drinking it.

Veteran Member
6153 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #4534 at 8:24 pm on Nov 16, 2006

Cosmopolitan Champagne Cocktail

We thought we would update the popular Cosmopolitan by substituting Champagne for the usual lemon vodka. We garnished the drinks with skewers of sugar-coated fresh cranberries (thawed frozen ones will work
just fine, too).

Active time: 15 min. Start to finish: 2 1/4 hr.

1 1/4 cups Cointreau or Grand Marnier
1 1/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
4 cups chilled Champagne or other sparkling
wine (Pat's note: 1 bottle = about 3 cups)

Stir together Cointreau, juices, and sugar and chill, covered, 2 to 6 hours. Just before serving, divide among 10 Champagne flutes and top off with Champagne.

Makes 10 drinks.
Gourmet, December 1999
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/104447

Patís note: Served this libation at Thanksgiving 2004 and it was quite a hit. I made the Cointreau mixture in a large pitcher then just before serving poured the champagne in to mix "punch style". Made it really easy to pour into glasses. I served in small martini glasses, very festive color. Lemme tell ya how easy these go down. ;o)

After reading the reviews at Epi I cut the sugar back to 2 tbsp. Some thought the full 3 tbsp would be fine, some liked as it was. And some were so busy pouring another glass that they simply didn't care. :o)

Link: Cosmopolitan Champagne Cocktail

Other messages in this thread: