Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another roasted pepper idea: "Melted Red Peppers"
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #493 at 12:53 am on Jan 19, 2006
from the classic "Under the Tuscan Sun" by Frances Maye
Slice up about four ripe red bell peppers. Combine them in a covered skillet with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Simmer for about an hour, covered, adding more vinegar and/or oil if needed. They should reduce down to a delicious red-brown sludge.
Toast baguette slices under the broiler or on the grill. Rub with a split clove of garlic. Top with peppers.
(If grilling bread at the last moment isn't practical, I serve this as a dip for toast or crackers, first dicing the peppers rather than slicing them so they'll be more spreadable. In the end, sliced or diced, they make the perfect addition to a grilled cheese sandwich.)
Other messages in this thread:
- 493. ISO Any ideas for upcoming baby shower for someone who must watch cholesterol? more... - DawnNYS - 4:27pm on 01/18/06 (12)
- REC: Lemon-Marinated Veggies - Meryl - 4:45pm on 01/18/06
- REC: Tike Treats - Meryl - 4:47pm on 01/18/06
- REC: Bruschetta - Meryl - 4:50pm on 01/18/06
- Two REC: Black Bean Dip & White Bean And Artichoke Dip - Meryl - 4:59pm on 01/18/06
- Roasted red peppers with the bruschetta bread or a nice eggplant caponata would be good. (m) - AngAk - 6:27pm on 01/18/06
- Oh yeah, I agree - Roasted peppers are great on bruschetta. My favorite bruschetta recipe is - Meryl - 7:41pm on 01/18/06
- Another roasted pepper idea: "Melted Red Peppers" - Joe - 12:53am on 01/19/06
- And another bruschetta idea - AnnNoVA - 9:41pm on 01/19/06
- That's good to know Ann. Costco here I come. [NT] - AngAk - 4:17pm on 01/20/06
- REC: Wacky Cake (vegan--no cholesterol) - Junebug - 12:29am on 01/19/06
- Thanks everyone - Meryl, I wonder why these were called "Tike Treats", but... - DawnNYS - 1:34pm on 01/20/06
- Dawn, I've always wondered about the "Tike Treat" title also, since it's for both adults and kids. - Meryl - 2:02pm on 01/20/06