Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Spicy Fried Chicken
Joined: Dec 20, 2005
Posted to Thread #4575 at 4:46 am on Nov 18, 2006
This recipe is adapted from Ming Tsai's Spicy Fried Chicken. He served it with a very spicy, tangy cole slaw (which we didn't care for so I serve it with a sweet cole slaw).
Spicy Fried Chicken
1-1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, either cut in 1/3's or wide strips (for fast cooking)
(may need to flatten some pieces for faster cooking too)
2 cups buttermilk
1/8 cup Sambal Oulek
1 T garlic, finely minced
1/2 T ginger, finely minced
1 T honey
1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 T coarse ground black pepper
1 lemon juiced
1 bag (6 oz) Panko bread crumbs
1/2 T dried red pepper flakes
1/2 T paprika
1 T sesame seeds
1/2 T cumin
Salt for seasoning
Canola oil for frying
Lemon wedges (optional)
In a large bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sambal, garlic, ginger, honey, soy, black pepper and lemon juice. Mix chicken in the bowl and let marinate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
In another large bowl, mix together the panko, red pepper flakes, paprika, sesame seeds and cumin. Pull the chicken out of the marinade and season lightly with salt.
Place chicken in panko bowl and completely coat the chicken.
Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry until brown. Drain on paper towels and season again lightly with salt. Serve with lemon wedges.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4575. ISO: Your favourite recipe that calls for Panko! - deb-in-MI - 12:25am on 11/18/06 (9)
- Heathers SF "Crispy Mustard Lamb Chops (I used pork chops) was quick and tasty. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:06am on 11/18/06
- Rec: Spicy Fried Chicken - AnnNoVA - 4:46am on 11/18/06
- REC: Goat Cheese, Apricot & Sage-Stuffed Chicken Breasts... - charlie - 1:44pm on 11/18/06
- These were delicious...I'll do them again soon [NT] - joanietoo - 9:48pm on 11/24/06
- REC: Crispy Pork Cutlets with Citrus Sauce... - charlie - 1:46pm on 11/18/06
- REC: Dijon Chicken With Panko Crust - Dawn_MO - 8:26pm on 11/18/06
- Thank you! They all sound delicious [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:09pm on 11/19/06
- Deb, I use them in anything... - sandra-in-london - 3:19pm on 11/19/06
- My favorite would be my Panko-Crusted Sesame Chicken recipe [LINK] - wigs - 5:34pm on 11/22/06