Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Julie R - WA||
Sides - rec: Southern Comfort Holiday Yams
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #4643 at 8:16 am on Nov 22, 2006
I don't know that I'll be making these this year - my mom is doing the yams, instead, I think. But the kids are always disappointed if these aren't on the table...
** Southern Comfort Holiday Yams **
The Southern Comfort in this recipe lends a wonderful flavor to the yams! I made this last year for my family (who usually prefer plain glazed chunky yams), and they loved it. :)
time to make 45 min 5 min prep
2 (29 ounce) cans yams or sweet potatoes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Southern Comfort
1 bag large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Drain and rinse the yams.
3. In a food processor, combine together the yams (sweet potatoes), butter, spices, salt, brown sugar, orange juice, eggs, and Southern Comfort.
4. Pour into rectangular casserole dish or lasagna pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, checking to see that the center of the potato mixture is cooked.
6. After it' s cooked, take it out and place large marshmallows end-to-end all over the top; they will melt slightly from the heat of the potatoes, but that's okay.
7. About 10-15 minutes before you're going to serve the yams, place them under the broiler in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes until they're golden brown - be careful they don't burn.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Link: Southern Comfort Holiday Yams
Life is grand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 4643. Some of the recipes I'll be using for holiday cooking... [NT] - Julie R - WA - 7:09am on 11/22/06 (27)
- Cookies - rec: Herbfarm Rosemary Shortbread [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:12am on 11/22/06
- Cookies - rec: Florentines - Fiorentine (Florentine Cookies) [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:15am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Classic Bread Turkey Stuffing [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:18am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Home Style Scalloped Potatoes [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:20am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Southern Comfort Holiday Yams [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:16am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Perfection Salad [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:20am on 11/22/06
- oh my, this is an oldie but goodie. [NT] - AngAk - 8:36am on 11/22/06
- Ah...memories. This was the first recipe I attempted on my own when I was about 10 or 11. I found - Curious1 - 1:24pm on 11/22/06
- My first thing I made on my own was potato soup. :) I can't imagine trying Perfection Salad first!! [NT] - Julie R - WA - 7:18pm on 11/22/06
- Bread - rec: Overnight Fluffy Rolls [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:23am on 11/22/06
- Paella.... we're not turkey lovers... oh, and garlic bread :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:50pm on 11/22/06
- I LOVE paella! We're not turkey lovers either - making roast chicken w/ garlic ,caramelized onions, - Meryl - 7:22pm on 11/22/06
- I posted the paella recipe in the T&T seafood recipes :) [NT] - cheezz - 11:27pm on 11/24/06
- Cheezz--Your paella Recipe.......... - chloe - 5:49am on 12/22/06
- Cookies, T&T faves - rec: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:30pm on 11/22/06
- Julie, thank you for posting! Do you have any idea of the shelf life for - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:38pm on 11/30/06
- To be honest, they're usually eaten within a couple of days, so I don't know... :) But - Julie R - WA - 4:27pm on 12/01/06
- Sides - rec: Chopped Blue Cheese Salad [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:40pm on 11/22/06
- Appetizer - rec: Baked Brie Pastries With Artichoke and Prosciutto [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:45pm on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Christiana Campbell's Tavern Spoon Bread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:51pm on 11/22/06
- Dessert - rec: Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies " [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:54pm on 11/22/06
- Appetizer - rec: Baked Layered Italian Spread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:58pm on 11/22/06
- this sounds terrific Julie. Very festive too. [NT] - AngAk - 5:15pm on 11/27/06
- Breakfast - rec: Delicious Overnight Coffee Cake [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:03pm on 11/22/06
- Snack - rec: Extra Special Holiday Chex Mix [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:15pm on 11/22/06
- Beverage - rec: New Ginger Wine [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:19pm on 11/22/06
- Dessert - rec: Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 8:23pm on 11/22/06