Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Julie R - WA||
Cookies, T&T faves - rec: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #4643 at 7:30 pm on Nov 22, 2006
These are favorites!!
** White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies **
I originally made these at the request of my old chorus director, who also worked at Starbucks (I think he'd had the combo in a cookie there, once). I was surprised but very pleased they came out so tasty! These days, these are pretty much the only cookies which are requested and I make on a fairly regular basis.
time to make 30 min 10 min prep
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
6 ounces white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter; mix well to cream together.
3. Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
5. Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips- making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges are lightly golden.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to cooling rack.
Link: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Life is grand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 4643. Some of the recipes I'll be using for holiday cooking... [NT] - Julie R - WA - 7:09am on 11/22/06 (27)
- Cookies - rec: Herbfarm Rosemary Shortbread [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:12am on 11/22/06
- Cookies - rec: Florentines - Fiorentine (Florentine Cookies) [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:15am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Classic Bread Turkey Stuffing [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:18am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Home Style Scalloped Potatoes [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:20am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Southern Comfort Holiday Yams [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:16am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Perfection Salad [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:20am on 11/22/06
- oh my, this is an oldie but goodie. [NT] - AngAk - 8:36am on 11/22/06
- Ah...memories. This was the first recipe I attempted on my own when I was about 10 or 11. I found - Curious1 - 1:24pm on 11/22/06
- My first thing I made on my own was potato soup. :) I can't imagine trying Perfection Salad first!! [NT] - Julie R - WA - 7:18pm on 11/22/06
- Bread - rec: Overnight Fluffy Rolls [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:23am on 11/22/06
- Paella.... we're not turkey lovers... oh, and garlic bread :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:50pm on 11/22/06
- I LOVE paella! We're not turkey lovers either - making roast chicken w/ garlic ,caramelized onions, - Meryl - 7:22pm on 11/22/06
- I posted the paella recipe in the T&T seafood recipes :) [NT] - cheezz - 11:27pm on 11/24/06
- Cheezz--Your paella Recipe.......... - chloe - 5:49am on 12/22/06
- Cookies, T&T faves - rec: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:30pm on 11/22/06
- Julie, thank you for posting! Do you have any idea of the shelf life for - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:38pm on 11/30/06
- To be honest, they're usually eaten within a couple of days, so I don't know... :) But - Julie R - WA - 4:27pm on 12/01/06
- Sides - rec: Chopped Blue Cheese Salad [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:40pm on 11/22/06
- Appetizer - rec: Baked Brie Pastries With Artichoke and Prosciutto [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:45pm on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Christiana Campbell's Tavern Spoon Bread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:51pm on 11/22/06
- Dessert - rec: Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies " [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:54pm on 11/22/06
- Appetizer - rec: Baked Layered Italian Spread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:58pm on 11/22/06
- this sounds terrific Julie. Very festive too. [NT] - AngAk - 5:15pm on 11/27/06
- Breakfast - rec: Delicious Overnight Coffee Cake [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:03pm on 11/22/06
- Snack - rec: Extra Special Holiday Chex Mix [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:15pm on 11/22/06
- Beverage - rec: New Ginger Wine [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:19pm on 11/22/06
- Dessert - rec: Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 8:23pm on 11/22/06