Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This one's my T&T.... closest to my childhood memories and very peanutbuttery :)
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #4714 at 10:12 pm on Nov 28, 2006
Aunt Patty’s Peanut Butter Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup chopped peanuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
Cream first 5 ingredients; mix in egg. Add dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Using a fork dipped in sugar, press down on cookie ball to make a cross-hatch pattern. Cookies will expand about 1/2”, so leave enough room. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired. Bake 7-10 min. until beginning to turn golden. They will be a little soft, but will firm up on cooling. Cool on wire racks.
Note: this dough freezes very well and can be baked without thawing.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 4714. My peanut butter cookie recipe needs help - MiainMD - 1:17am on 11/28/06 (17)
- I just made 50 two days ago. The diabetic ate them all. What happened to the flour in your recipe? [NT] - Marg CDN - 1:45am on 11/28/06
- Hey Marg, flourless peanut butter cookies are great -I find them to have a more peanut-buttery taste [NT] - Meryl - 1:51am on 11/28/06
- Can't beat more pbuttery. Got me another jar & I'll try them when I return. I'm surprised that - Marg CDN - 10:14pm on 11/28/06
- Maybe they don't spread as much because I use natural peanut butter, which is drier? [NT] - Meryl - 11:45pm on 11/28/06
- P.S. Marg, if the guilt gets to be too much, just send some over here! [NT] - Meryl - 1:24am on 11/29/06
- I use a similar recipe, except with natural peanut butter and only 1/2 cup sugar (white), and press - Meryl - 1:49am on 11/28/06
- REC: Big, Super-Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies. These are the best I've ever had, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:10am on 11/28/06
- I think the problem is the brown sugar. - darylGA - 2:49am on 11/28/06
- I agree, I make these with white sugar and they are fine. [NT] - Mimi - 1:19pm on 11/28/06
- Thanks! Will have to try with white sugar and Michael's version! Yummy. [NT] - MiainMD - 5:45pm on 11/28/06
- This one's my T&T.... closest to my childhood memories and very peanutbuttery :) - cheezz - 10:12pm on 11/28/06
- Thanks DarylGA! I made them with white sugar and had no problems! Michael's recipe (and now - MiainMD - 11:56pm on 11/28/06
- cool! - darylGA - 1:10am on 12/04/06
- Hi Mia - here's one more for you to try - REC Peanut Butter Filled Peanut Butter Cookies - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:25am on 11/29/06
- Decadent! Thanks Sandi! [NT] - MiainMD - 1:01pm on 11/29/06
- mia, i used a similar recipe once (from the pb jar) and hated them. i found ina garten's were super. [NT] - wildwoods - 6:46pm on 11/30/06
- This recipe is exellent using Splenda for a lo-carb/lo-sugar treat. [NT] - AngAk - 9:07pm on 12/04/06