Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Julie R - WA||
T&T favorite - :) rec: Amy's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #4730 at 1:38 am on Nov 29, 2006
** Amy's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread **
My friend Amy sent me her recipe for her sweet zucchini bread. This is "...one of our all-time fave recipes for something dessert-like, even if it isn't specific to Thanksgiving." When her daughter brought home a baseball-bat sized zucchini this past summer, this is what they did with it. :) Makes 4 loaves.
time to make 1¼ hours 10 min prep
4 cups sugar
2 cups oil
4-5 cups shredded zucchini
6 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 (12 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Beat together eggs, sugar and oil.
3. Add zucchini and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
4. Bake in 4 well-greased loaf pans for about one hour.
5. Freezes well, if there's any left after your family goes through the kitchen.
Link: Amy's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Life is grand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 4730. We had a string on quick bread recipes for Marilyn's loaf pans. Are there any - MiainMD - 1:33am on 11/29/06 (12)
- Rec: Our Favorite Banana Bread - MiainMD - 1:35am on 11/29/06
- T&T favorite - :) rec: Amy's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 1:38am on 11/29/06
- Not new, but my favorites are Cinnamon Quick Bread (posted in T&T), Chocolate Cranberry Bread, and - Meryl - 1:42am on 11/29/06
- I'd love the recipe for your peanut butter bread!!! [NT] - MiainMD - 1:44am on 11/29/06
- Here ya go, Mia - Meryl - 2:27am on 11/29/06
- Here's another one from Flo Braker, for comparison REC: Peanut Butter Loaf Cake [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:38am on 11/29/06
- I like your cinnamon bread -- I made an egg-free version a while ago! [NT] - MiainMD - 1:45am on 11/29/06
- I'd love the recipe for the Chocolate Cranberry one as well please!!! [NT] - LLR - 3:56pm on 11/30/06
- Here ya go: Chocolate Cranberry Bread - Meryl - 8:01pm on 11/30/06
- Epi's Spiced Pumpkin Bread is a winner & has been on their "most [LINK] - ValinFL - 1:54am on 11/29/06
- I make something very similar and also add chocolate chips... - deb-in-MI - 5:55pm on 11/29/06
- Last night I made 20 loaves of Brother Rick's Cranberry Orange Bread... - Barbara in VA - 2:33am on 11/29/06