Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
Carroll, I LOVE applesauce and make a ton of it in the fall. My pot comfortably...
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #4794 at 1:50 am on Dec 5, 2006
holds about 7 lbs of apples. I core and slice (not peel) and add about 2 C apple cider and simmer til apples are soft. I usually add about 1 C sugar to this, juice of a lemon and some cinnamon. I then put it thru a food mill and can in pint jars, 7 lbs apples makes me about 5+ jars. This year the Jonathan apples made great sauce. Their red skins turned the sauce a very pretty pink.
You can certainly use fewer apples and less cider to make a smaller batch.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4794. ISO T&Trecipe for making applesauce (for low fat cake). thanks [NT] - carroll-astana - 7:25am on 12/04/06 (4)
- Carroll, I LOVE applesauce and make a ton of it in the fall. My pot comfortably... - Barbara in VA - 1:50am on 12/05/06
- I do something similar to this one: "Cinnamon-Spiced Applesauce," except I use a little less sugar [LINK] - Meryl - 2:07am on 12/05/06
- All I do is use 4 Grannies and 4 MacIntosh, peeled and sliced, with 1/3 C sugar and 1/3 C water - MarilynFL - 10:46am on 12/05/06
- me, too! thanks marilyn. [NT] - wildwoods - 3:07pm on 12/06/06