Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Crockpot Pork Chops with Apricots and Prunes
Joined: Jan 1, 2006
Posted to Thread #4818 at 6:48 pm on Dec 5, 2006
This is a great cold weather dish to serve with rice pilaf.
Dried fruits, such as apricots and prunes, have a lot of iron, and the iron is more readily absorbed when combined with vitamin C. This dish has it all.
6 hours 15 minutes 15 minutes prep
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 pork chops, trimmed (about 2-1/2 lb.)
2 onions, cut in wedges
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup pitted prunes
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork chops.
2. Transfer to crockpot.
3. Add onions, garlic, apricots and prunes to pork chops.
4. Whisk together orange juice, chicken stock, cumin, paprika, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper; add to crockpot.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender.
6. Remove pork chops to plate and keep warm
7. Increase heat to High; cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
8. Serve with chops.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4818. Could someone direct me to Cathy's final tweaked version of Crockpot Cassolet? Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 12:41pm on 12/05/06 (40)
- here is the link. It's in T&T one dish meals and the tweaked version. SOOOO good. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 12:53pm on 12/05/06
- We were posting at the same time. Ang, have to tell you - Pat-NoCal - 12:59pm on 12/05/06
- Sooo lovely in the moonlight and snow this week. Will try for a pic. Thanks. [NT] - AngAk - 1:13pm on 12/05/06
- I believe this link has the latest tweaked version. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:54pm on 12/05/06
- Hooray! So excited, I have a NEW crockpot! Never had one before and would love your T&T recipes - Heather_in_SF - 2:19pm on 12/05/06
- Thanks Pat and Ang! Heather, I will look up some and post for you. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 2:55pm on 12/05/06
- be sure to check out all the recipes in one dish and also stupidly simple, soups/stews - AngAk - 3:17pm on 12/05/06
- Heather, you will love your crockpot...Recipe for Pepper Steak - RoseM - 6:13pm on 12/05/06
- Rose, I think the bottom of your recipe is missing [NT] - AngAk - 6:15pm on 12/05/06
- thanks Ang, I hit the wrong button before I was done. [NT] - RoseM - 6:17pm on 12/05/06
- oops rest of recipe for pepper steak - RoseM - 6:15pm on 12/05/06
- Rose, you can go into your first post and edit to add this to the bottom. [NT] - AngAk - 8:04pm on 12/05/06
- Crockpot Pork Chops with Apricots and Prunes - MarkinHouston - 6:48pm on 12/05/06
- Sharon's Ono Barbecued Beef [LINK] - SusanKentfieldCa - 1:45pm on 12/06/06
- And Smokehouse Chicken [LINK] - SusanKentfieldCa - 1:51pm on 12/06/06
- REC: Curried Beef and Potato Stew - Dawn_MO - 3:06pm on 12/05/06
- REC: African Style Braised Chicken in Peanut Sauce - Dawn_MO - 3:07pm on 12/05/06
- REC: Olga's Mom's Smothered Pork Chops - Dawn_MO - 3:08pm on 12/05/06
- I swear I can smell this cooking through my monitor----mmmmmm [NT] - AngAk - 3:23pm on 12/05/06
- Me too Ang! This sounds wonderful. I'm looking for easy meals because I'm having - Barb - 3:40pm on 12/05/06
- REC: Crockpot Arroz Con Pollo (Spanish Chicken with Rice) - Dawn_MO - 3:10pm on 12/05/06
- REC: Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken or Turkey Meatloaf - Dawn_MO - 3:12pm on 12/05/06
- I'm trying this tomorrow. Thanks Dawn. [NT] - AngAk - 3:18pm on 12/05/06
- REC: Crockpot Home-Style Jamaican Chicken - Dawn_MO - 3:21pm on 12/05/06
- REC: Spicy Stuffed Peppers - Dawn_MO - 3:29pm on 12/05/06
- OK that's it- never had a crock pot and never wanted one. After reading these recipes I'm buying - CynUpstateNY - 4:34pm on 12/05/06
- Might I suggest you visit "Habitat for Humanity or some church thrift shop? I - MarilynFL - 4:46pm on 12/05/06
- I bought this one for myself and my step-daughter, and we really like it. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 5:43pm on 12/05/06
- Do you have to make a HUGE recipe or can you do 2- 4 servings? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:53pm on 12/05/06
- It depends on what I am making. I like to freeze soups - Dawn_MO - 12:58pm on 12/06/06
- Lots of stores have the basic Crock Pot on sale now for 9.99 [NT] - AngAk - 6:13pm on 12/05/06
- Great Crockpot Cookbooks - RoseM - 6:22pm on 12/05/06
- I just bought a 4 quart rival oval crockpot from target for 17.99 on sale. - audball - 8:55am on 12/06/06
- I have 3 slow cookers of different sizes. Very handy! I use them a lot. [NT] - Julie R - WA - 10:57am on 12/06/06
- REC: Crockpot Sweet 'N' Snappy Beef Stew [NT] [LINK] - Yama D - 12:02pm on 12/06/06
- this is my favorite. [NT] - AngAk - 3:11pm on 12/06/06
- Wow, what a treasure-trove of recipes!! Thank you everyone! Now, to decide which to make first! - Heather_in_SF - 4:12pm on 12/06/06