Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
My old standby REC: Ginger Cookies
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #4954 at 8:08 pm on Dec 16, 2006
Here's one of my tried and trues. They originally started off as tiny drop cookies, but this time, I rolled the dough into logs, stuck them in the freezer, so I can just slice and bake whenever I need them.
I think the spiciness of these cookies, and the fact that they're not too sweet make a nice contrast when you have an assortment of cookies.
Makes about 6 dozen small cookies
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light molasses
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
Extra sugar, for rolling cookies in
Cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg and molasses. Sift remaining ingredients together, and add to butter mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
Drop onto four sheets of waxed paper, and roll into skinny logs. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours (or freeze for longer storage).
Preheat oven to 350º (335º convect). Cut dough into 1/4” slices. Roll slices in extra sugar, and bake on lightly greased cookie sheet 8 to 10 minutes (or about 6 minutes for chewy cookies.)
Let cookies rest on sheets for about 2 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4954. Doncha just love the smell of cookies baking in the oven?? Here's what I've made so far >> [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:45pm on 12/16/06 (6)
- REC: Meryl's Mocha Truffle Cookies - OMG soooo decadent! [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:50pm on 12/16/06
- So glad you liked them, Sandi! [NT] - Meryl - 8:41pm on 12/16/06
- REC: Barbara in VA's Gilded Sesame Cookies - soo beautiful! [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:00pm on 12/16/06
- My old standby REC: Ginger Cookies - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:08pm on 12/16/06
- REC: Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints from Allrecipes.com [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:15pm on 12/16/06
- REC: Macadamia Coconut Icebox Cookies from Allrecipes.com [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:17pm on 12/16/06