Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC:Tortellini Kabobs from Jada/Oregon. These are always a hit!
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #4956 at 8:39 pm on Dec 17, 2006
I made this recently and it was a hit. You can toss it all together the night before, or that morning, then thread onto skewers and serve. There aren't any real measurements, no right or wrong ingredients.
1 pkg fresh cheese tortellini (I like the skinniest ones for this recipe)
Small cherry tomatoes
Olives, any kind, or a mix of types
Cook pasta as directed till just done. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking action. Put in shallow container or ziplock bag. Add other ingredients and toss all with Italian dressing. Let marinate several hours or overnight.
To serve, thread a few of each ingredient onto toothpicks, or party skewers. That's it!
Notes: I added a few spoonfuls of pesto to the dressing. You could also use: mushrooms bite-sized chunks of salami cubes of cheese or? Anything goes!!
Orchidís note: This I got at the old place from Jada/Oregon back in 2002. These are always a hit. I always use tortellini, cherry tomatoes and Fontina cheese.
I also sometimes do kabobs of small mozzarella balls, a basil slice and cherry tomato.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4956. Rec: Mini Southwestern Corn Pup Muffins with Fiesta Dipping Sauce. We eat our dinner>>> [LINK] - orchid - 7:56pm on 12/16/06 (11)
- Orchid, thanks for this recipe. I'm searching for things like this to put out for company who will - Barb - 11:34pm on 12/16/06
- Hi Barb - along similar lines, I've used puff pastry and lil smokies>>> - Sandi in Hawaii - 12:37am on 12/17/06
- I'm the Queen of munchies Barb...(smile)...I'll post some tomorrow! [NT] - orchid - 12:44am on 12/17/06
- REC: Baked Cheese Spread from Paula Deen. Hubby wanted me to post this>>> [LINK] - orchid - 8:19pm on 12/17/06
- REC: Sage Sausage Bites with Balsamic Apricot Dip from Rachel Ray>>> [LINK] - orchid - 8:23pm on 12/17/06
- REC: GRILLED PORK KEBABS WITH GINGER MOLASSES BARBECUE SAUCE >>> [LINK] - orchid - 8:34pm on 12/17/06
- REC:Tortellini Kabobs from Jada/Oregon. These are always a hit! - orchid - 8:39pm on 12/17/06
- REC: Leeks and Cheese Phyllo Packets. I love these because they can be>>> - orchid - 8:49pm on 12/17/06
- Rec: Party Pizzas. Hate the name but that's what my friend who gave me>>> - orchid - 9:00pm on 12/17/06
- Thanks so much for these Orchid, I've copied several of these to try while my guests are here. [NT] - Barb - 1:21pm on 12/23/06
- Every time someone posts a recipe for "mini" something, I think I am being paged! [NT] - Mimi - 12:46pm on 12/17/06