Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's Julia's way for creamed garlic and garlic mashed potatoes...
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #4997 at 1:46 am on Dec 19, 2006
Peel a head of garlic cloves. Put them in a small covered saucepan with a few tablespoons butter and cook very gently, without browning until meltingly tender. Pour in about half a cup of heavy cream, raise the heat and simmer a few minutes. Puree this mixture along with your potatoes, using more butter and cream as needed.
The cream aborbs the garlic flavor and imparts it to the potatoes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4997. ISO: T&T recipe for roasted garlic or garlic mashed red-skinned potatoes, with the skins left on. . - mistral - 9:56pm on 12/18/06 (6)
- Here's Julia's way for creamed garlic and garlic mashed potatoes... - Joe - 1:46am on 12/19/06
- I swear I can smell this through my monitor----mmmmmm [NT] - AngAk - 2:07am on 12/19/06
- Ok.....garlic & cream. What's not to like? - judy-mass - 2:31am on 12/19/06
- I forgot to mention: always do this in the presence of the guests... - Joe - 3:44am on 12/19/06
- Makes it even harder to keep them out of the kitchen : ) [NT] - AngAk - 6:53pm on 12/19/06
- Cream and garlic--sounds very good. I will try this. Thanks! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 5:54pm on 12/19/06