Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|joyce in upstate NY||
Christmas Eve Menu: "7 fishes"
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #5054 at 5:16 pm on Dec 23, 2006
I've been wanting to try a traditional Christmas Eve Menu using 7 courses of different fish and seafood. The "7 fishes" represent the 7 sacraments. I researched and found some menus, but some of the suggested fish didn't sound as appealing to the family, so we have come up with the following, which actually isn't "traditional" at all, but sounds good, so we will give it a try :)
The 7 fishes/ seafood includes: oysters, shrimp, mussels, scallops, tilapia, salmon and tuna.
1. sauteed oysters (lightly coat oysters in cornmeal, sautee in butter serve over bed of greens)
2. shrimp cocktail w/ sauce
3. mussel soup ( mussels in a cream broth w/ shallots over crusty slices of bread )
4. mesclun green salad, w/ feta, dried cranberries and pecans
5. scallops sauteed w/ chopped onion, chopped red and green pepper
6. linguine w/ red tomato sauce ( opted not to make a calamari red sauce due to family vote --family likes only fried calamari !)
7. Broccoli rabe sauteed w/ garlic and olive oil
7. grilled tilapia, glazed salmon on the grill, grilled ahi tuna, rare.
We will start the festivities in the afternoon and take our time into the evening.
Merry Christmas to All!
Other messages in this thread:
- 5054. Christmas Eve Menu: "7 fishes" - joyce in upstate NY - 5:16pm on 12/23/06 (1)
- What a nice menu, Joyce- you balanced out the 7 fishes with pasta, salad and broccoli rabe - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:36pm on 12/23/06