Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Super easy no fuss Pretty in Pink Strawberry Party Cake....
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #5177 at 5:04 am on Jan 9, 2007
Strawberry Party Cake
Three layers and a really pretty pink color. It's perfect for a v-day, baby shower, or other special occasion-y cake and being it starts with (gasp!) a cake mix it's a super easy no fuss time saver. I garnish it with pink carnations for a very pretty finish. Serves 8 to 10.
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 pkg. (2.75 oz) strawberry gelatin (such as Jell-O)
1 box (1 lb 2.25 oz) white cake mix
1 cup oil
3 T flour
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
4 oz cream cheese softened (see Cook’s Note)
1 t vanilla extract
1 box (1 lb) powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour three 8 1/2 or 9 inch round cake pans. Puree strawberries with their syrup in a blender or food processor.
In a large mixing bowl, soften gelatin in 1/2 of the strawberry puree (reserve the other half for the frosting). Add cake mix, oil, eggs, flour, and 1/2 cup of water. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Divide batter among cake pans.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake springs back when touched lightly. Let cool in pans 15 minutes. Unmold and cool completely before frosting.
In another large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Beat in vanilla and remaining strawberry puree. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. If necessary, cover and refrigerate until frosting thickens to spreading consistency. Use to frost the layers, top, and sides of the cake.
Note: I like icing so I always make more than a recipe says - I made 1 1/2 times the amount above.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 5177. Is anyone up for a challenge.... must feed 50 LOL (little old ladies) - cheezz - 4:18am on 01/04/07 (41)
- Chocolate or vanilla cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, "Strawberry or Raspberry Cream Pie, - Meryl - 4:37am on 01/04/07
- YUM!! Meryl, I'd love the recipes for.... - cheezz - 4:44am on 01/04/07
- Here ya go, cheez: REC: Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake - Meryl - 5:11am on 01/04/07
- REC: Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffeecake - Meryl - 5:12am on 01/04/07
- REC: Strawberry Cheesecake Bites - Meryl - 5:14am on 01/04/07
- Here's another recipe you might want to check out: Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 5:15am on 01/04/07
- Individual Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse, made with gelatin nt [NT] [LINK] - michelle - 4:47am on 01/04/07
- This is a call for Pineapple Upside-down Cake. I use the Bisquick version (why mess with a classic?) - Joe - 5:45am on 01/04/07
- I love the Bisquick recipe- you're right- why mess with a classic! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:57pm on 01/04/07
- yup, one of my favorites, too, but going for pink or chocolate - cheezz - 10:06pm on 01/04/07
- How about cupcakes baked in ice cream cones- Pink frosting!?? - TammyArcadia CA - 6:25am on 01/04/07
- just remember, cheezz.... - rvb - 1:16pm on 01/04/07
- I was ALMOST afraid to open your message :) Thanks for the encouragement! [NT] - cheezz - 10:07pm on 01/04/07
- Rec: Better Than Sex Cake - Pat-NoCal - 2:12pm on 01/04/07
- I second Pat's "offering"- this is a great, easy and fairly inexpensive dessert everyone loves [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:32pm on 01/04/07
- For "little old ladies over 75"? So many retorts...so little time. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:22pm on 01/04/07
- LOL, my thoughts exactly. [NT] - AngAk - 7:24pm on 01/04/07
- Rec: Chocolate Thunder Cake ... another easy one - Pat-NoCal - 2:15pm on 01/04/07
- I'm thinking diabetes issues. What about a beautiful tray of dipped - MarilynFL - 2:28pm on 01/04/07
- cheezz - Here is a winning recipe cheezz - Grand Prize Winner 2000 Southern Living - Easy, Elegant - - GayR - 3:37pm on 01/04/07
- John Thorne's chocolate cake, up in T&T [LINK] - AngAk - 7:26pm on 01/04/07
- Lemon Chocolate or Pecan tassies up in T&T. here is the crust link [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:28pm on 01/04/07
- Joe's lemon bars, also in T&T, or how about oreo truffles? [NT] - AngAk - 7:29pm on 01/04/07
- Cathy's Margarita pie posted up above could be tinted pink and made in tart shells. [NT] - AngAk - 7:30pm on 01/04/07
- It was "Why" without the liquor? [NT] - Marg CDN - 3:39am on 01/05/07
- oops, maybe without the liquor. [NT] - AngAk - 7:30pm on 01/04/07
- After the luncheon I'm gonna need the liquor for myself!!!! HA! [NT] - cheezz - 10:12pm on 01/04/07
- Why? [NT] - Marg CDN - 11:12pm on 01/04/07
- You mean why after, not before and during? [NT] - AngAk - 3:21am on 01/05/07
- Stooopid me. I answered you in the wrong line. Why was..maybe these gals would love a margarita. - Marg CDN - 3:41am on 01/05/07
- WOW!! Thank you all for these great dessert suggestions! - cheezz - 10:14pm on 01/04/07
- How about a trifle using pink Italian ladyringers & red fruit? & lots of sherry hosed in. Charlie, - Marg CDN - 11:15pm on 01/04/07
- Red velvet cake. [NT] - Marg CDN - 11:16pm on 01/04/07
- Marg, do you have a good recipe for this? Thanks! [NT] - cheezz - 8:49pm on 01/05/07
- Oui Madame. La voici. REC: Red Velvet Cake..........an ancient recipe but it works - Marg CDN - 9:13pm on 01/05/07
- Blackberry Wine Cake - awesome and rich keep PINK color! - GayleMO - 1:51pm on 01/06/07
- Oh, DUH. Make that RICH DEEP PINK color! ;) [NT] - GayleMO - 1:52pm on 01/06/07
- Gayle - your mailbox is full -- couldn't PM you!! [NT] - cheezz - 9:10pm on 01/06/07
- Super easy no fuss Pretty in Pink Strawberry Party Cake.... - MariaDNoCA - 5:04am on 01/09/07
- Maria - Thanks! Looks like I have lots of choices for Valentine's Day too :) [NT] - cheezz - 7:12pm on 01/09/07
- Maria, yum! Do you think this would work with mixed berries, too (frozen and gelatin)? [NT] - ErininPrague - 8:49pm on 01/09/07