Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Picadillo. Tomorrow I'm going to make one of my favorite things>>>
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #5387 at 4:02 pm on Jan 18, 2007
Pablano Chiles stuffed with Picadillo. I just can't decide want I want to have with it this time. What would you make?
Recipe By : Tex-Mex Cookbook
Serving Size : 24
1 1/2 pounds Lean Ground Beef
1 medium Onions,Raw,Chopped -- chopped
1 7/8 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
1 8 oz. can Mushrooms,Button,Drained
1 16 oz. can Tomatoes,Canned,With Liquid
1 7/8 tablespoons Vinegar,Cider
1 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin -- ground
1 teaspoon Cinnamon,Ground
1/2 cup Raisins,Seedless
1 pinch Cloves,Ground
1/2 cup Almond Slivers
Cook the onions in oil until soft. Then, add ground beef and cook until browned. Add the rest of the ingredients except the almonds. Stir well and simmer covered for 1 1/2 Hours. Stir in almonds just before serving.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas : Serve in a chafing dish with Tostados or Doritos
NOTES : This is best if made the day before serving. Yields about 2 Quarts. It stands alone as an appetizer or main dish served with rice.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 5387. Rec: Picadillo. Tomorrow I'm going to make one of my favorite things>>> - orchid - 4:02pm on 01/18/07 (6)
- At the cuban places here they'd serve plaintans, black beans and yellow rice...flan for dessert [NT] - Marsha tbay - 6:39pm on 01/18/07
- I never do mushrooms in mine, but I DO use green olives! Mmmmmmyum! - TammyArcadia CA - 12:53am on 01/19/07
- Thanks orchid. I have everything for this and will make this weekend. 1 7/8 T made me chuckle : ) [NT] - AngAk - 12:24pm on 01/19/07
- Yea, that is funny. Mastercook sometimes does some weird things. Hope you enjoy. [NT] - orchid - 1:27pm on 01/19/07
- So I ended up making Sofrito Rice (recipe inside) and orange & avocado slices>>> - orchid - 1:31pm on 01/19/07
- I made the picadillo. soooo good. substituted green pepper for mushrooms and added garlic. yum. - AngAk - 3:30pm on 01/22/07