Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Roasted Prawns and Vegetables with Rosemary and Garlic
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #5414 at 2:25 pm on Jan 21, 2007
I'm sure I've posted this at some point in the past, but it is so good, here it is again:
No recipe, which is the beauty of this dish, but just a method:
Quarter Roma tomatoes lengthwise and place in large roasting pan. Add chunks of bell pepper and onion, chopped garlic, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, stir, and place under broiler. Stir when it starts browning on the edges. Broil for 10 minutes.
Remove pan, add sliced asparagus, zucchini, etc, and 1-3 branches of snipped rosemary.
Return to broiler, stirring as before for another 5-10 minutes.
Remove pan and lay giant, uncooked, deveined, in shell prawns on top. Broil for 5 more minutes. Turn prawns and broil for another 2-3 minutes.
The tomatoes and onions break up into a rustic "sauce" and all is wonderfully flavorable. You can use a variety of vegetables and herbs, but this is my basic combo when I make this very flavorful dish.
Other messages in this thread:
- 5414. Roasted Prawns and Vegetables with Rosemary and Garlic - Richard in Cincy - 2:25pm on 01/21/07 (5)
- Oh this looks Great!! Just what I am in the mood for. I just checked I - MichelleInIL - 4:26pm on 01/21/07
- My kind of recipe- I will try it very soon. Thanks, Richard- it looks like another winner [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:48pm on 01/21/07
- this is destined to become a great standby - thankyou for sharing! [NT] - wildwoods - 12:16am on 01/22/07
- Sounds incredible, Richard. Thanks! [NT] - Meryl - 12:20am on 01/22/07
- forgot to add: to gild the lily... - Richard in Cincy - 2:09am on 01/22/07