Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I hope you like this Marg: REC: Lucious Lemon Drop
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #5460 at 7:39 pm on Jan 26, 2007
from my favorite cocktail recipe book: High Balls and High Heels (doncha love that name?)
Lucious Lemon Drop
1 1/2 ounces lemon flavored vodka (Ketel One is nice!)
1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
1 teaspoon superfine sugar or to taste (you will need less sugar with Meyer lemons)
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice (Meyer is best - ~1 lemon or 2 small ones)
1/8 - 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice (a quarter wedge of an average Navel orange is perfect)
Superfine sugar for dipping the rim of the martini glass
Lemon star garnish (see below)
In a large cocktail shaker, fill with ice and drink ingredients. Shake well (until the shaker is frosted with ice outside). Pour into a prepared martini glass, garnish with a lemon star, kick off your high heels and enjoy!
Martini glass: moisten rim of glass with a used lemon rind and dip into superfine sugar. Chill in fridge until cocktail time.
Lemon stars: (tricky but fun) carefully peel a large slice of lemon peel, yellow part only(regular lemons are best for this garnish). Using a small star shaped canape cutter (or freehand with a sharp paring knife) cut out star shapes of zest. Store in a dampened paper towel in a zip lock bag and refrigerate until use. Note: a nice spiral of lemon zest is also wonderful, or nothing at all!
Enjoy! I have 2 meyer lemons in the fridge, perhaps I'll join you tonight! virtually that is.
FYI - I learned a great trick to store Meyer lemons from my mum, wrap each lemon in a paper towel and place in a plastic bag in the crisper drawer of your veggie bin. Check weekly, they should keep for a month or perhaps more if you aren't using them for everything under the sun.
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 5460. Memories of Meyers. Here's what I did - Marg CDN - 9:39pm on 01/25/07 (9)
- Hi Marg, here's another suggestion: REC: Risotto al Limone, good for chilly nights! - Heather_in_SF - 10:55pm on 01/25/07
- Oh I do love risotto, on any night. Thanks Heather. Don't know about a lemon drop cockatil, fancy - Marg CDN - 2:21am on 01/26/07
- It's like a lemon martini. you would love it. [NT] - AngAk - 3:40am on 01/26/07
- My recipe for a lemon drop cocktail doesn't have - Shaun in TO - 5:23pm on 01/26/07
- Okay. It's Friday. Tonight's the night for an experiment. [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:30pm on 01/26/07
- I hope you like this Marg: REC: Lucious Lemon Drop - Heather_in_SF - 7:39pm on 01/26/07
- Thanks Heather. I've passed this on to my bartender. Tonight's the night! [NT] - Marg CDN - 7:42pm on 01/26/07
- Cocktail Night In Canada. It was terrific. I had 2. Used blood orange for the first one and - Marg CDN - 4:02pm on 01/27/07
- Hey y'all, I popped into Williams Sonoma last night and was browsing... - cheezz - 6:12pm on 01/26/07