Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO Joe, a tad late but REC: Melitzanosalata - Greek Eggplant Salad (smooth)
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #6066 at 6:49 pm on Mar 14, 2007
This is the recipe from A Little Greek Cookbook which is so good, and different from others posted before.
REC: Melitzanosalata - Greek Eggplant Salad
2 large eggplants
2 cloves garlic, sliced
5 T olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
salt & pepper
2 T plain yogurt
parsley and olives to garnish
toasted bread or crisp pita bread pieces
Wash and dry eggplants and prick all over with a fork. Roast at 350 for 1 hour, turning occasionally. When cool, cut in half and scrape out flesh into a sieve and press to extract bitter juices.
Place eggplant into a blender (or cuisinart) with the rest of the ingredients, excluding oil and yogurt, and puree until smooth. Add oil slowly while machine is running. Mix in yogurt and taste, adjusting seasonings as desired.
Serve on a pretty platter decorated with parsley and olives.
Keeps 3-4 days in refrigerator.
Hope you try this sometime!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 6066. ISO Joe, a tad late but REC: Melitzanosalata - Greek Eggplant Salad (smooth) - Heather_in_SF - 6:49pm on 03/14/07 (4)
- Thank you, Heather. I'm saving them all and looking forward to playing around with them. [NT] - Joe - 7:43pm on 03/14/07
- Russian version eggplant caviar-- Ikra. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 11:12pm on 03/14/07
- Thanks, Ang. [NT] - Joe - 1:40am on 03/15/07
- My Mom made a version of this alot. I am so craving it, but the eggplants are awful right now - AngAk - 6:32pm on 03/15/07