Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Creamy Chicken Liver Pate
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #6202 at 1:56 am on Mar 27, 2007
My friend brought this to a dinner party over the weekend. Never before have I been tempted to make pate...but with this recipe, I'm sure I will. I had to ask them to put the bowl at the other end of the table 'cause it was positively irresistable!
Quick Creamy Chicken Liver Pate
From Culinary Communion Cooking School
3/4 lb. Chicken livers
1/4 cup Port, sherry or Madeira
2 sticks butter, softened
White pepper, kosher salt, Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste
1/4 Cup heavy cream, whipped
1 large Shallot, minced
Optional Prepare Livers:
Clean the chicken livers of any connective tissues and soak in milk for 6 hours. Remove and blot dry.
In a large sauté pan, melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat and cook the shallot until translucent about 3 minutes. Add the livers and cook 3 minutes.
Add port. Cook for about 4 minutes, until livers are halfway cooked through and the liquid is mostly gone from underneath the butter. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor. While pureeing, drop pieces of the remaining softened butter into the machine. Puree until very very smooth. Fold in the whipped cream and add the salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg to taste.
Pour into a 6-cup terrine mold. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Serve with crackers or toast points.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 6202. REC: Creamy Chicken Liver Pate - Traca - 1:56am on 03/27/07 (7)
- Oh yum... - Dawn_MO - 7:51am on 03/27/07
- Speaking of which, here's Morrison Wood's Poor Man's Pâté De Foie Gras - also tdf... - rvb - 4:45pm on 03/27/07
- This looks great. My dad is a big liverworst fan...I bet he'd love this. (more) - Traca - 5:25am on 03/28/07
- i have no idea what anchovy cheese is. morrison woods... - rvb - 3:28pm on 03/28/07
- Speaking of liver... - Richard in Cincy - 2:20pm on 03/29/07
- Ohhh, that sound out of this world. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:46pm on 03/29/07
- Oh man Richard. Usinger's Hessische Brand Smoked Liverwurst . drooling here. [NT] - AngAk - 12:12am on 03/30/07