Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Easter's biggest hits- my 90 year old Aunt's Double Lemon Cream Pie and Richard's Austrian Potato
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #6320 at 12:24 pm on Apr 9, 2007
Double Lemon Cream Pie
1/3 cup butter
¾ cup a.p. flour
½ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
Cut butter into flour. Add nuts and for a ball. Press into bottom and sides of 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 15 min. Cool on rack.
6 oz. Cream cheese at room temperature
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
¾ cup heavy cream, whipped and lightly sweetened
3 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
Blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in cream, lemon juice and zest. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate.
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ cup water
½ cup cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water
4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
½ cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp. Butter
Whipped cream for garnish
Combine sugar and 1 ½ cups water and heat to boil. Mix cornstarch and 1/3 cup water to smooth paste. Add to boiling sugar mixture gradually, stirring constantly. Cook until thick and clear. Remove from heat. Combine yolks and lemon juice and stir into thickened mixture. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles again. Cover and cool.
Spread over cream cheese filling. Chill. Garnish with additional whipped cream before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 6320. Easter's biggest hits- my 90 year old Aunt's Double Lemon Cream Pie and Richard's Austrian Potato - CynUpstateNY - 12:24pm on 04/09/07 (4)
- Oh My - The cream pie is on my 'must try' list! Sounds delicious - thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:35pm on 04/09/07
- Just had a slice of the leftover pie. Two days old and the cookie crust is still crisp! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:37am on 04/10/07
- Wowie Zowie!! Me too deb..... we love lemon and this sounds delish! [NT] - Barb - 5:21pm on 04/09/07
- This reminds me that perhaps we should have a thread that involves old one-of-a-kind recipes - Marg CDN - 10:33pm on 04/09/07