Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: White Zinfandel Sangria. I know "blush" wines are passť, and this is not a true Sangria,
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #6376 at 4:57 am on Apr 17, 2007
but boy, it hit the spot this weekend. I catered a baby shower (I always wondered what went on at those things; well, guys, after the conversation switched from water-breaking to caesarians I stopped listening,) and with creamed chicken crepes and a cheesy spinach quiche, a red wine Sangria would have been too heavy. This was light and refreshing, a pretty rose color, and it gave me a chance to use up a bottle of peach brandy that's been in my cupboard since the nineties.
(I found this recipe at epi last week but now, with the new pea design, I can't find it to save my life.)
WHITE ZINFANDEL SANGRIA
Use any fruit that is available. Mangoes, pineapples, apples, and stawberries and some to consider, although at least one citrus fruit is essential.
1 750 ml. bottle of chilled White Zinfandel
1/2 cup peach schnapps (I used peach brandy)
2 Tbs. Cointreau or other orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half (didn't have any, but would have been nice)
2 Tbs. sugar
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced
1 peach, sliced (I used a couple of limes)
1 10-oz. bottle of chilled club soda
Mix first 8 ingredients in tall pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Mix in club soda. Put ice in glasses and pour sangria over.
from Bon Appetit, July 2001
Other messages in this thread:
- 6376. REC: White Zinfandel Sangria. I know "blush" wines are passť, and this is not a true Sangria, - Joe - 4:57am on 04/17/07 (11)
- I've been looking for a T&T red sangria recipe, does anyone have one to share? :) [NT] - MoNJ - 2:45pm on 04/17/07
- Yes. I'll go ask my guy and be back tomorrow. I love his. [NT] - Marg CDN - 3:07pm on 04/17/07
- Thanks Marg :) [NT] - MoNJ - 3:36pm on 04/17/07
- This is my favorite Red Sangria recipe - not authentic - but reallllly tasty - Tess - 5:01pm on 04/17/07
- Thank you :) [NT] - MoNJ - 5:38pm on 04/17/07
- Rec: Red Sangria - Curious1 - 5:42pm on 04/17/07
- Looks good too, thanks :) [NT] - MoNJ - 6:25pm on 04/17/07
- Lol Joe, those peas are a bit much aren't they? Did you search under drinks, not food? [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 5:25pm on 04/17/07
- You're a genius, Curious. It showed up in a general search last week, before the redesign. [NT] - Joe - 5:39pm on 04/17/07
- I haven't ventured there since I get lots of gobbledygook on the page. Maybe I'll take another look [NT] - AngAk - 7:59pm on 04/17/07
- Lol, I wish! [NT] - Curious1 - 4:49pm on 04/18/07