Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just made this a few hours ago - It's really good! - Strawberry Coffee Cake...
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #6530 at 7:15 am on May 5, 2007
This was delicious, and moist overall, except in a few spots where the moisture from the strawberries didn't soak in. I may add a little more melted butter to the batter next time and bake it for slightly less time.
STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used 1/4 tsp)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted (I may use 3 Tbsp next time)
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (I used 2 cups)
(I added 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar (I used dark brown)
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans (I omitted this)
(I added 1 tsp cinnamon - next time I'll add 1 1/2 - 2 tsp)
(Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease an 8x8 inch square pan).
In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir to mix.
In a second bowl, add the egg, milk, and butter; stir to mix; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Place strawberries evenly over the top of batter.
To make the topping: Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until consistency of coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans.
Sprinkle mixture evenly over the strawberries.
Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. (Many reviewers suggested baking about 40 minutes, which I did, but next time I may bake it for a little less time).
Link: Strawberry Coffee Cake
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 6530. I just made this a few hours ago - It's really good! - Strawberry Coffee Cake... [LINK] - Meryl - 7:15am on 05/05/07 (4)
- Ooooh, I love ANYTHING strawberry. I'm making this next week for a get-together with my neighbors. - Barb - 1:31pm on 05/05/07
- You're welcome, Barb. :) [NT] - Meryl - 8:30pm on 05/05/07
- Hi Meryl, I'm making this on Saturday morning and can't wait!!! - Heather_in_SF - 7:44pm on 05/16/07
- You're welcome! Let me know how it turns out! [NT] - Meryl - 8:01pm on 05/16/07