Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Cola Braised Pork...I would love for you to try this T&T Curious. It's delicious!
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #6683 at 4:23 pm on May 24, 2007
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, excess fat trimmed, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
2 cups cola (do not use diet cola)
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Heat oil in large pot over high heat. Add half of pork; sauté until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer pork to bowl. Repeat with remaining pork. Return pork to pot. Turn off heat and pour cola slowly into pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Add garlic, soy sauce, ginger, and half of green onions. Cover and simmer until pork is tender, about 50 minutes longer. Uncover and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season stew with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Serve the pork over steamed white rice.
Makes 4 servings.
My Notes: I don't simmer for the 10 minutes at the end to thicken. I thicken with a slurry.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 6683. Anyone making something new or T&T for Memorial Day? - AngAk - 10:00pm on 05/21/07 (30)
- my lemon vodka '-)) [NT] - Randi - 8:04pm on 05/22/07
- Sooo, Randi, how do you make that??!! :-) [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 9:33pm on 05/22/07
- it's sooo easy Heather, just get a bottle of inexpensive vodka and take out one shot. - Randi - 10:55pm on 05/22/07
- Randi, do you leave the peel in the bottle till the bottle is empty? - AngAk - 1:06am on 05/23/07
- sometimes Ang but usually I strain it and just leave a couple of pieces of peel in there. [NT] - Randi - 4:51pm on 05/23/07
- Oh yum!!! I cringe whenever I buy Ketel One Citron vodka, but looove it.. - Heather_in_SF - 6:22pm on 05/23/07
- Heather, I use a very inexpensive vodka, I think it's about $6. the oils in the peel - Randi - 6:25pm on 05/23/07
- the vodka I got is McCormick and it's $6.45 :-) [NT] - Randi - 10:03pm on 05/23/07
- woohoo! My citrus vodka is steeping on the counter. so easy. - AngAk - 6:50pm on 05/24/07
- I'm not really a vodka drinker either but... there is something about this one, straight from the - Randi - 7:29pm on 05/24/07
- i was wondering... - rvb - 1:04pm on 05/24/07
- I donate it to a good cause Rick, last night that was me! "-)))) [NT] - Randi - 4:45pm on 05/24/07
- same here. waste not want not. [NT] - AngAk - 6:46pm on 05/24/07
- Hey, Randi; I'm making limoncello, too. :-) Can't wait to sip it, or pour over vanilla ice cream. [NT] - ErininPrague - 2:26pm on 05/24/07
- isn't it great stuff Erin, enjoy yours :-) FYI - I can't do the sugar so just lemon vodka here [NT] - Randi - 4:46pm on 05/24/07
- Great idea; I never thought about leaving out the sugar. ;-) Nazrdravi/cheers! [NT] - ErininPrague - 6:05pm on 05/24/07
- I posted my menu under #6652, and am really excited about Sunday's party... [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 9:32pm on 05/22/07
- this sounds like a fine menu for our T&T menu section. [NT] - AngAk - 9:46pm on 05/22/07
- Thanks Ang! - Heather_in_SF - 6:25pm on 05/23/07
- Not doing anything for Memorial Day - My husband's birthday is the day before, so I'm making - Meryl - 9:39pm on 05/22/07
- Is he a co-dependent chocoholic too? Or just an enabler? Enjoy!! [NT] - AngAk - 9:47pm on 05/22/07
- Ha! Well, when I first met him, he was definitely not a chocoholic. Since knowing me, however, he's - Meryl - 10:08pm on 05/22/07
- Please report on this, I saw him make it and am fascinated by recipes that call for soft drinks. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:39pm on 05/24/07
- Rec: Cola Braised Pork...I would love for you to try this T&T Curious. It's delicious! - orchid - 4:23pm on 05/24/07
- Hi orchid - perfect timing! I made this tonite! - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:16am on 05/25/07
- Glad you tried it Sandi. I've never done it with low salt soy but it is now a - orchid - 1:26pm on 05/25/07
- Thanks orchid, printed and added to the ever-growing stack. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:31pm on 05/25/07
- I wanted to try this recipe out, that is, if I can find any shrimp that isn't from China... - Dawn_MO - 1:23pm on 05/23/07