Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi Amanda! Here's my favorite... REC: Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #6774 at 9:21 pm on May 29, 2007
Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
1-3/4 cup flour (not sifted)
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water
2 cups roughly chopped walnuts, tossed around in a sifter to remove small particles
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
Combine first 6 dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into greased/floured 9x13" pan or 2 9” round cake pans. Bake for 35 min. Remove from oven and cool on rack for10 minutes. If making the round cakes, turn out of pan to finish cooling. Use whipped cream filling below for the round cakes. Frost rectangular or round cakes with Mocha Fudge Frosting. Press walnuts into frosting on sides of cake.
Whipped cream filling
8 oz. Cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup raspberry reduction
Defrost 1 small bag of raspberries (I buy the Trader Joes bag). Press berries through a fine strainer to remove all seeds. Heat juice on med-low heat until juice reduces to 1/3 cup then cool. Put cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, salt and raspberry juice in mixer and whisk on med-hi until fluffy (1-2 min.). On low speed, add cream in slow steady stream; when almost fully combined, increase speed and beat until stiff peaks form.
Note: this is wonderful served with scones instead of clotted cream!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 6774. ISO Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe - Amanda_Illinois - 9:07pm on 05/29/07 (14)
- Hi Amanda! Here's my favorite... REC: Deep Dark Chocolate Cake [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:21pm on 05/29/07
- And here are my favorite frostings.... - cheezz - 9:24pm on 05/29/07
- Whoa! There's the keys to the frosting kingdom! Just what I was looking for. Thx cheezz. [NT] - Traca - 11:13pm on 05/29/07
- Found my second favorite...REC: Perfect Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Filling [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:31pm on 05/29/07
- Not what you were looking for, but I was just about to post this REC: Penni’s Mocha Nut Loaf - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:37am on 05/30/07
- For intense chocolate taste, you have got to try Epi's REC: Double Chocolate Layer Cake [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:48am on 05/30/07
- Yep, this is my work horse too. Used for two groom cakes to raves. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:15pm on 05/30/07
- Debbie in GA's Look-No-Further cake in T&T is also quite yummy! [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:57am on 05/30/07
- Ditto on the icing comment. Fabulous for so little work. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:16pm on 05/30/07
- several other good ones in T&T cakes, and Hershey Black magic cake is reliable too. [NT] - AngAk - 2:37pm on 05/30/07
- Chocolate is different than Double Chocolate, method pretty close, love this cake! - Nan - 6:16am on 05/30/07
- Thanks, all! - Amanda_Illinois - 9:31am on 05/30/07
- Amanda - let us know what worked for you... love to hear reviews! (and pics) [NT] - cheezz - 8:56pm on 05/30/07
- this is my favorite - excellent cake and frosting, chocolatey but not over the top. - wildwoods - 2:02pm on 05/30/07