Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is the same as REC: Mimi's Sticky Chicken (inside) that I got at Gails many years
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #6804 at 5:25 pm on Jun 2, 2007
ago. It truly is fantastic! I have always done it in the oven and we just got a new big, 65,000 BTU (WooHoo!) grill and a rotissorie. We just made a chicken last Sunday and it was just delicious. The rotissorie keeps it so moist and the seasoning is TDF. A great big YUM!!!
Mimi's Sticky Chicken
2 t. salt
1 t. paprika
3/4 t. cayenne powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. thyme
1/2 t. white pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. black pepper
1 whole roasting chicken about 3 lbs.
1 cup chopped onions
1. Rinse chicken, inside and out. Drain well.
2. Rub spice mix over skin and inside chicken.
3. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
4. When ready to roast, stuff cavity with onions.
5. Place chicken BREAST SIDE DOWN in roaster.
6. Roast uncovered at 250 deg.F (that's not a typo, it's really 250). Roast chicken 5 HOURS. Baste occasionally with pan juices until chicken is golden brown. PS- I used a larger chicken and it was still perfect. This makes the juiciest chicken I have ever made. Better make two!
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 6804. This caught my eye--a do ahead for roast chicken? Reviews look great! [LINK] - Nan - 12:06pm on 06/02/07 (5)
- This looks awesome--thanks! [NT] - MoNJ - 2:38pm on 06/02/07
- Mimi's Sticky Chicken - Sandy in Baltimore - 5:14pm on 06/02/07
- Oops, Sorry Sandy. Didn't see this. [NT] - orchid - 5:34pm on 06/02/07
- This is the same as REC: Mimi's Sticky Chicken (inside) that I got at Gails many years [LINK] [IMAGE] - orchid - 5:25pm on 06/02/07
- Wow, ladies, must have been during one of my MIA times, would have saved it, love roast chicken!! [NT] - Nan - 7:13pm on 06/02/07