Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This could be it: Mustard-Pepper Chicken with Herb Sauce >>
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #739 at 1:43 am on Feb 9, 2006
It's really good, even if it's not the one you're looking for. In fact, I'm making it for a catering gig on Friday:
MUSTARD-PEPPER CHICKEN WITH HERB SAUCE
from Bon Appetit, 9/93
2 tbs. butter
5 shallots, coarsly chopped
5 large mushrooms, quartered
5 tsp. cracked black pepper
1 cup dry white wine
5 fresh rosemary sprigs or 1/2 tsp. dried
5 fresh thyme sprigs or 1/2 tsp. dried
2 cups chicken stock or canned broth
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 Tbs. whole yellow mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. minced fresh thume or 1/4 tsp. dried
Steamed Green Beans
Melt 1 tbs. pf the butter om large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute shallots and mushrooms with 1 tsp. of the peper until browned, about 8 minutes. Add wine and bring to boil. Add rosemary and thyme and simmer 5 minutes. Add stock, increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Strain into saucepan. (Sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Prepare barbecue or preheat broiler. Sprinkle remaing 4 tsp. pepper over both sides of chicken. Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Preheat broiler. Brush mustard over chicken. Sprinkle with mustard seeds Broil until brown, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring sauce to simmer. Add thyme and remaining 1 tbs. butter. Whisk until melted.
Divide chicken among plates. Spoon sauce around chicken. Serve with potatoes and green beans.
Other messages in this thread:
- 739. Seeking two old Bon Appetit recipes... - Marc In Seattle - 12:24am on 02/09/06 (9)
- Found this online... [LINK] - Meryl - 12:52am on 02/09/06
- That's it! Thank you!!! - Marc In Seattle - 3:07pm on 02/09/06
- Glad to help, Marc! [NT] - Meryl - 8:58pm on 02/09/06
- This could be it: Mustard-Pepper Chicken with Herb Sauce >> - Joe - 1:43am on 02/09/06
- This sounds great! Thanks for posting, Joe. [NT] - Meryl - 2:09am on 02/09/06
- You're welcome. It really is tasty, easy, and quite healthy >> - Joe - 5:41am on 02/09/06
- That's the one, Joe. Thank you!!! - Marc In Seattle - 3:08pm on 02/09/06
- What a coincidence. I had it typed on my computer but hadn't made it in years >> - Joe - 4:40pm on 02/09/06
- Seriously... - Marc In Seattle - 1:51pm on 02/10/06