Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Turkey breasts, dogs gone wild...REC: Rice-A-Roni Meatballs
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #6906 at 11:41 pm on Jun 12, 2007
I just posted the longest post and lost it.
This is not my day!
Today, I came home and found the kids outside, and my husband working in the garage. Inside I found the dogs devouring my resting stuffed turkey breast, we were going to have a mini-Thanksgiving dinner. This is after my D(amn)H left out the Sticky Roast Turkey Breast, that was boned and put in a Zip Loc, on the counter after making himself a snack, which was later consumed by said dogs. In the span of three days, my dogs have eaten two whole turkey breasts. We ended up eating these for dinner. Not gourmet fare, but the kids loved them. And I have of course forgiven said DH. But geez.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :Bobbie
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef Freezable
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package beef Rice-A-Roni
1 pound lean ground beef
2 1/2 cups water
Combine 1 package beef rice a roni with 1# ground beef and 1 beaten egg.
Shape into small meatballs. Brown. Combine seasoning package with
2 1/2 cups of water. Pour over meatballs. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
I usually add oregano, basil, parmesan cheese and chopped onion to the mixture, more water and then thicken the juice so that it is more like a gravy.
Serve over steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BNOTES : I usually make several batches at a time and then freeze them. For an even healthier version I have made this using ground chicken breasts and chicken rice a roni. This can be made with almost any flavor of Rice-A-Roni with great success. It is very similar to porcipine meatballs.
Dnote:If my DH hadn't been so awesome the last few weeks, I would be really cranky. As it was, we ended up having Rice-A-Roni Meatballs, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables.
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 6906. Turkey breasts, dogs gone wild...REC: Rice-A-Roni Meatballs - Dawn_MO - 11:41pm on 06/12/07 (5)
- Keep 'em coming, Dawn. Can't wait to try this one. I LOVE Rice-A-Roni! [NT] - Yama D - 12:13am on 06/14/07
- This is not gourmet fare, by any means, - Dawn_MO - 8:10am on 06/14/07
- this is a great cabin fare recipe. thanks. my fave R-A-R is the herb and butter. [NT] - AngAk - 9:53pm on 06/20/07
- LOL - Dawn, when I first read this, I thought it said - LisainLA - 9:39pm on 06/21/07
- Dawn, is the Rice-A - Roni that is added to the gr. beef already cooked?... - KarenNoCA - 12:21am on 06/22/07