Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
Here's another crowd pleaser from Bon Appetit - REC: Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #760 at 1:00 pm on Feb 10, 2006
Everyone loves these! I'm quite generous with the cinnamon-sugar sprinkle, but most of it falls off when I package it. I've been toying with the idea of brushing the cut edges with egg white before sprinkling, to make it stick, but that seems like it would be kinda tedious.
I wonder if there's something I can spray it with that'll make the cinnamon-sugar stick better...?
Forum Home Page: Archive Swap 27701-27800
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 19:06:22 GMT
From: Sandi in Hawaii
Bon Appétit December 1997
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 egg; beat well. Add egg yolk; beat well. Mix in vanilla, then dry ingredients.
Transfer dough to work surface. Divide in half. Shape each half into 9-inch-long, 1 1/2-inch-wide log. Transfer logs to baking sheets. Beat remaining egg in small bowl. Brush logs with egg. Bake until golden and firm to touch (dough will spread), about 50 minutes. Cool on baking sheets. Maintain oven temperature.
Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl to blend. Using serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2-inch-wide diagonal slices. Place biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheets. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar over each biscotti. Bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes. Cool on racks. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container.)
Makes about 40.
Other messages in this thread:
- 760. FRC: Biscotti- Wasn't there a thread on t & t's and favorites? Or was that "the other" site? (more - CynUpstateNY - 10:28am on 02/10/06 (17)
- I checked back in the old archives - you guessed right! REC: Candied Orange Pecan Biscotti - RuthAB - 11:03am on 02/10/06
- Here's my fave - REC: Kaci In Iowa's Chcolate Chip Almond Biscotti - Sandi in Hawaii - 12:51pm on 02/10/06
- Here's another crowd pleaser from Bon Appetit - REC: Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti - Sandi in Hawaii - 1:00pm on 02/10/06
- Sandi, I have an idea about this. . . - Steve2 in LA - 2:49pm on 02/10/06
- Good idea - I'll try pressing the biscotti into the cinn-sugar, and see if it works. Thanks, Steve! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 11:03pm on 02/10/06
- REC: Cinnamon and Hazelnut Biscotti - Mimi - 2:41pm on 02/10/06
- Our favorite: REC: Biscotti w/ cranberries and pistachios - joyce in upstate NY - 8:43am on 02/11/06
- Joyce, just curious - do you shell all the pistachios yourself? - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:30pm on 02/11/06
- Hey Sandi! ....more>> - joyce in upstate NY - 8:55pm on 02/11/06
- Hmm, Sam's Club? We have Sam's as well as Costco here, but I only have a membership at Costco... - Sandi in Hawaii - 12:33am on 02/12/06
- Yep, Costco has them. - KC_ - 7:00am on 02/12/06
- Rec: Chocolate Chip and Almond Biscotti by Maida Heatter (love these) - MariaDNoCA - 10:47am on 02/11/06
- Rec: Chocolate-Orange Biscotti - MariaDNoCA - 10:54am on 02/11/06
- REC: Biscotti - Michael in Tampa - 2:19pm on 02/11/06
- And these taste like brownies, so good. Rec: Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti - KC_ - 3:06pm on 02/11/06
- These all sound great. It'll be hard to pick which to make. Thanks for your input! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:16pm on 02/11/06
- RECL Honey - OrigCyn - 4:50pm on 02/16/06