Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Does my wife want pearls, diamonds, mink--NO. Just make me some REC:Puttanesca for V day
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #802 at 6:45 pm on Feb 14, 2006
with a good bottle of wine and some cannoli's. See why I married her------think I should get some jewelry too? BG.
Recipe By :The Silver Palate Cookbook
Serving Size : 4
1 pound Spaghetti -- linguine or other thin dried pasta
2 35-ounce cans plum tomatoes
1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/8 teaspoon Hot pepper flakes -- or to taste
1/2 cup tiny black Nicoise Olives -- or Gaeta
1/4 cup capers -- drained
4 Garlic Cloves -- peeled and chopped
8 Anchovy fillets -- coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Italian parsley -- chopped, plus additional for garnish
2 tablespoons Salt
1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and stir in the spaghetti. Cook until tender but still firm.
2. While spaghetti is cooking, drain the tomatoes, cut them crosswise into halves, and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. Combine tomatoes and olive oil in a skillet and bring to a boil. Keep the sauce at a full boil and add remaining ingredients except pasta, one at a time, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat slighty and continue to cook for a few minutes, or until sauce has thickened to your liking.
5. When pasta is al dente; drain, but retain some of the pasta cooking water.
6. Add the pasta directly to the sauce in the skillet over medium heat and toss 30 seconds or so to allow the pasta to absorb some of the sauce. Adjust the consistency of the sauce with some of the pasta water if necessary. Garnish with the parsley and serve at once.
Other messages in this thread:
- 802. Does my wife want pearls, diamonds, mink--NO. Just make me some REC:Puttanesca for V day - charlie - 6:45pm on 02/14/06 (3)
- Me too, me too!! Nothing quite like a really good puttanesca sauce! Yum! [NT] - buonappetito - 7:53pm on 02/14/06
- She's the gem!!!! But then, so are you! :) Happy VD!! NT [NT] - Moyn - 8:40pm on 02/14/06
- So are you Moyn---Happy VD? LOL [NT] - charlie - 11:37pm on 02/14/06