Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We've been making stuffed jalapenos since...
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #7458 at 12:56 pm on Aug 10, 2007
one of the guests at the ABQ Epi gathering served them. They are simplicity personified, and I've not found a crowd that doesn't inhale them and look for more.
Carefully slice off the stem from the pepper, being careful not to cut off the top. Halve the jalapenos lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds and ribs. Fill the cavity with cream cheese (low fat works very well), then wrap the pepper half with a 1/2 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked.
Place on a serving platter, place on a table and stand back.
nb- it's not possible to make too many of these.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 7458. Dawn, this is what I did with my bumpre crop of jalapenos... [LINK] - judy-mass - 12:44am on 08/04/07 (7)
- OY! I wish we could edit the title page. I hate why my fingers mess up. :-( [NT] - judy-mass - 12:45am on 08/04/07
- maybe you thinking of british jalepeņos. [NT] - rvb - 2:10pm on 08/04/07
- Yum, Judy. Send some thisaway! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 7:34am on 08/04/07
- I would have never thought to pair maple syrup with jalapenos. - Dawn_MO - 11:20am on 08/04/07