Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Success!!! In my bread making quest I have finally concord the light, fluffy
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #7621 at 8:38 pm on Aug 19, 2007
texture that I have been striving for and I'm thrilled. So I'm going to document the tricks that I have found that makes that bread the soft texture that I wanted instead of the more dense texture in case someone comes along in the future wanting to know the same things. Here are the additions that I learned that makes it fluffy. My 3rd loaf and just beautiful!
Vitamin C - 1/8 teaspoon per 3 cups flour
Vital Gluten flour - 1 Tablespoon per cup flour
Lecithin (Liquid) 1 Tablespoon per cup flour
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 7621. Success!!! In my bread making quest I have finally concord the light, fluffy - orchid - 8:38pm on 08/19/07 (10)
- Orchid, can you comment...how did you come up with these ingredient additions? Do you know - Traca - 9:04pm on 08/19/07
- Traca and Judy, I'll answer all here. The booklet that came with my - orchid - 11:00pm on 08/19/07
- Here is the bread up close... [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 11:16pm on 08/19/07
- And this shows the height.... [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 11:21pm on 08/19/07
- Thanks Orchid. I'm still a bit bread making-phobic, but - Traca - 3:58am on 08/20/07
- Me too Traca! I just didn't get that bread making gene. You're welcome and good luck! [NT] - orchid - 2:08pm on 08/20/07
- Hmmm... I wonder if the lecithin would work in cake batter to make it fluffy and moister? [NT] - cheezz - 11:24pm on 08/22/07
- Where do you get the Lecithin and Vitamin C? - JudyW - 9:39pm on 08/19/07
- Orchid, thank you for posting the information. - JudyW - 2:50am on 08/20/07
- Oh good Judy. I'd love to know if you find a difference. You're welcome. [NT] - orchid - 2:10pm on 08/20/07