Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
So glad you found us Judy. BTW, your Parmesan Baked Potatoes are a favorite at our.....
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #833 at 4:58 pm on Feb 17, 2006
house. I make them often and tweak them a little by adding more cheese and a little paprika or cayenne pepper. I must have learned the tweaking-thing from Moyn aka Ms. Tweaky (heehee). Anyway, it's nice to see you here, Judy.
Parmesan Baked Potatoes
6 tbsp butter, melted (Pat's note: I use slightly less)
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (Pat's notes: definitely at least double the cheese)
8 medium unpeeled red potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds), halved lengthwise
Patís optional: paprika and/or cayenne pepper
Pour butter into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over butter. Place potatoes with cut side down over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400ļ for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 8 servings
Pat's notes: These are yummy. I really like at least doubling the cheese, so the potatoes develop a nice golden crust on the potatoes. A nice accompaniment to baked ham, green beans and sweet potato biscuits. Also goes nicely with roast cornish hens or roast chicken. I find that freshly grated Romano cheese or Asiago work too in place of the Parmesan. One of my favorite variations is to sprinkle a bit of paprika or cayenne pepper over the butter and before adding the cheese.....very good. You end up with potatoes that taste as though they've cooked around a roast, don't require any basting, are beautiful (serve brown side up), and you don't need more butter....they taste great.
Source: JudyW @ Gails
Other messages in this thread:
- 833. OMG, I'm so happy I found you all again - thank you Mimi!!! - JudyW - 3:21pm on 02/17/06 (9)
- Welcome home, Judy! It is an awesome place. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:52pm on 02/17/06
- Happy to see you here, Judy! [NT] - RuthAB - 4:08pm on 02/17/06
- Hi Judy, glad you found us! :o) [NT] - Mimi - 4:25pm on 02/17/06
- So glad you found us Judy. BTW, your Parmesan Baked Potatoes are a favorite at our..... - Pat-NoCal - 4:58pm on 02/17/06
- Glad you like the potato recipe.... - JudyW - 6:05pm on 02/17/06
- oh good idea, will try it with the garlic powder too. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:51am on 02/18/06
- Hi Judy ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:46pm on 02/17/06
- Hi Judy - glad you found us!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:47pm on 02/17/06
- Great to see you found your way here! [NT] - carol_in_iowa - 12:24am on 02/18/06