Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
RECIPE: Bavarian Apple Tort- since it's apple and Okterbest time of year :)
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Posted to Thread #8133 at 9:36 pm on Oct 2, 2007
This is such a delicious recipe, this one is worth making.
BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE
Preheat oven 350º
½ cup soft butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
¼ cup seedless raspberry jam
2 packages Cream Cheese at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 apples cored, peeled and sliced (apple slicer) (**fresh apples best**) OR can use 1 can of apples but rinsed in . a colander and put in paper towel to pat dry and place on plate * do not leave in paper towel.
1 cup sliced almonds
Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the sifted four and mix well. Press into the bottom of a 10” spring form pan/ OR 9” pie pan. Spread the crust with seedless raspberry jam.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over jam.
Combine sugar and cinnamon and toss with sliced apples. Place apple slices over the cream cheese layer in all the same direction- design in a spiral. PRESENTS WELL.
Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 75 minutes or until golden.
CHILL 8 HOURS --- a must!
Other messages in this thread:
- 8133. RECIPE: Bavarian Apple Tort- since it's apple and Okterbest time of year :) - dianncy64 - 9:36pm on 10/02/07 (7)
- I've been making this torte for years and it's delicious. [NT] - Sylvia - 9:43pm on 10/02/07
- So have I, It's just the best, though I can't say the same for my spelling: OKTOBERFEST!! [NT] - dianncy64 - 9:49pm on 10/02/07
- But some people think Okter IS the best month of the year! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 11:51pm on 10/02/07
- tee-hee, I was thinking the same thing, Luisa...i like Okter-BEST! [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:09am on 10/03/07
- Or maybe THIS will be my Thanksgiving dessert. - Amanda_Illinois - 4:24am on 10/03/07
- I use a large tart pan with a removable bottom so the Tort slides off onto a plate to serve better. [NT] - dianncy64 - 6:18am on 10/03/07
- That's the spirit :) [NT] - dianncy64 - 7:24am on 10/03/07